2010 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Ferrari fan so I was happy with the result but what a boring race! that was really really dull. I hope this is just a combination of opening night nerves making the drivers a little more cautious and perhaps the track not helping either otherwise F1 has gone backwards in my opinion. Considering all the technology, the clever people around the sport they still can't make it a competitive and exciting series to watch.

I think this was an example of how the FIA are ruining F1, no refuelling means one pitstop, no by the end of the race nobody wants to get anywhere near anyone else or else their tires get ruint, good effort to make the sport more exciting FIA!

I honestly thought it was better than 75% of the races last year (Take away Interlagos and a few others) as there was always a battle somewhere, yet no passing.

FIA you suck!

Yea I must agree with all the boring comments and it wasn't a good start to the season for the viewers, so lets hope that the next few tracks change that, if it doesn't then F1 will loose a lot of interest from a lot of people.

Uh oh ! I can't understand why most people are complaining about this race's boringness. I think that was more exciting than 2009, and it means changes were good. Also back position fights are also fun to watch. And Bahrain's new layout is " You can't Overtake Here! " totally. So we need to see next races before judge the new nofuelling system. It was fun to watch imo. :smile:

I think nothing of the boringness has changed really, they need to scrap all Bahrains, Singapores, South Koreas, Abu Dhabis from the schedule and go to real tracks.

Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Suzuka have all been very beautyfull and fun races last year and the new tracks boring... so is it really just the cars? ;)

Its a combo I think, bad tracks, cars that cant pass. Do FIA not realise what thier doing to the sport? 20Years ago Alonso would of caught and passed Vettel 10Laps before he did. All this technology crap is ruining the sport!

Maybe is I love F1 too much but I liked the race, and I think was interesting.

I also think was more interesting from strategy perspective and now you can see mechanics race on the pit stops, before just only normal/disaster switch.

If they really wan't to make big changes to F1, FIA has to ban aerodynamics and make them standard. Why?, several good reasons:

• They don't introduce any improvement for automotive industry
  • They open the gap between teams
  • They make F1 more expensive
  • They ruin spectacle

Make a standard or very simple aero for all cars, and then you will have the "old F1".

One spec is not F1. So I hope that would never be the case.

Aero should be simplified yes, but they should introduce ground effects again, and stop freezing engine development.

Rules changes I propose:
Simplified aero, so the person who behind doesn't have negative effects, slipstreaming should be easy.
Ground effects being allowed
Engine limits stopped. It's allowed to go 22k RPM, and go back to every possibility. V8, V10, V6 V12, line 4, boxer etc
Maximum fuel tank size to 150 litres. This way the engine manufacturers must concentrate on fuel usage as well, which can be a good improvement in automotive industry.

Wind the clock back 10, 20 or 30 years and you'd still see fans and team bosses etc moan about too much money, aerodynamics, gaps between teams. F1 has always been about the pinnacle of motor sport and engineering excellence and designing cars that challenge the rule book.

Ok my idea to a more specific plan:

Allow all engine types, from electric to diesel.
Less downforce by wings, maybe it should disappear completely
More downforce because of ground effects

Set a maximum energielimit you're allowed to use. Every source of energie has a specific amount.
Like petrol has more energy in 1 litre than 1 litre of LPG.
This way you can make sure the automotive industry can have an advantage in saving power, thus fuel.

I like your first idea better, any engine type allowed (V8 to V12 to a boxer engine) and then a maximum fuel tank size. But 150l is too much, they only need to do 1:2 then, which isn't really a challenge.

No electric or diesel cars as they are too boring! :D

and bigger tires are not a solution, because teams will use aerodynamics AND more grip from the tires. So then the cars are too fast again and we'll get F1 with 0.8 V2 engines probably :p

ofc i forgot to add they have to restric the aero then :) anyway i am a bit hardcore there my favorite would be a 80's like regulary :)
or even better bring back the 1968 cars :) and yes i dont care about savety the drivers get payed that much so they can take the risk

Bright Bahrain was Dull Dull Dull

Probably the least exciting start to the F1 season ever and it wasn't all down to the new no-refuelling rule. Nothing much happened, in fact nothing happened at all. It was visibly dull too, the bright sunshine and sand gave it a washed-out and colourless look on TV. " Just Cars going round a track" was hard to argue against. Lets hope we are not praying for rain to give us a exciting race by the time we get to Silverstone(cos I'm camping).

It can only get better. Surely! :smile:

I like your first idea better, any engine type allowed (V8 to V12 to a boxer engine) and then a maximum fuel tank size. But 150l is too much, they only need to do 1:2 then, which isn't really a challenge.

No electric or diesel cars as they are too boring! :D
Maybe these two engine types are boring, esp electric since it doesn't really have a noise, but it would be good for automotive industry.

and bigger tires are not a solution, because teams will use aerodynamics AND more grip from the tires. So then the cars are too fast again and we'll get F1 with 0.8 V2 engines probably :p
Bigger tyres aren't a solution, true. But ground effects would reduce dirty air behind the car when wings are forbidden. Of course the vacuum under the car with ground effects shouldn't be so strong as at the beginning of the 80's, as that's dangerous, but just put a maximum amount of 'suck'-power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%