2010 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Commentators think Hamilton and Button are god!
Not quite god... :wink: More a case of... They are really excited that Britain actually has some world class sports stars to get behind. Especially in a generation when there is some serious talent on the F1 grid.

PS - I think they put Hamilton closer to 'god like' and Button more 'at the right hand...' :wink:

And where are all the negativity from last race about this season :) :)
ok differnt track :) :) , i think this season is going to be very good to follow. :)

I agree, in fact every F1 season is interesting to follow. I can't help but feel sorry for people who feel that overtaking is the be all and end all of the sport. I think it's a very superficial view of the sport and there is far more content beneath that particular very thin veneer they call overtaking. For me it's about the engineering, the skill, the bravery (although that is slowly being wrung out of the sport), the politics, the scandals, the personalities and characters - the whole picture. If it's overtaking you really need then there are a plethora of other motorsports that go out of their way to provide it with nerfing, standardisation and other tricks.

Formula 1 has never been a place of over abundant overtaking, that's why when people look back they talk about this move and that move because they are so few and far between they are to be savoured, remembered. I'll go as far as to say one of the greatest Grand Prix victories I ever saw was one where 6 cars processed around Jarama. Another old favourite was the wheel banging, move and counter move of the '79 French GP, just as memorable, just as fascinating a race to watch and yet totally different. To paraphrase my old mate Forest Gump, F1 is like a box of chocolates, you're never quite sure which one you're going to get - but they're all tasty, you just have to learn to appreciate the different flavours.

I hate coffee creme though - uuuurrrgghhhh! :p

Not quite god... :wink: More a case of... They are really excited that Britain actually has some world class sports stars to get behind. Especially in a generation when there is some serious talent on the F1 grid.

PS - I think they put Hamilton closer to 'god like' and Button more 'at the right hand...' :wink:

I think its good for them to be getting behind the British drivers and the BBC not making them sound like they dont support anyone. If we didnt have any british drivers then people would moan about that aswell but i suppose you cant please everyone. Although i do think its about time they give Button a bit more credit because maybe now we're seeing the driver he's always been he just needed something like last year to unlock it within him.

Was Hamiltons frustration over his strategy today over the fact he's being beaten by his team mate? and he doesnt like that because he thinks he should always be number 1 driver, or was it just a case of annoyed at the team for making stupid calls

Yeah, I definitely think it was more than strategy that made Button beat Hamilton today. This no refuelling rule has suited Button's driving style wonders and hindered Hamiltons as today showed.

wicked race. really enjoyed every single laps.
about the incidents from alonso and webber inmo both were racing incidents but webber's incident looked little bit more avoidable.
I think he can live with the reprimand.

The thing which bothered me the most was the reaction of the Sauber driver Kobayashi.
This accident was very terrible and luckely nobody got hurt.
After the race he was smiling and laughting in the interview that he couldn't do something and he felt like a pinball ball.
His front wing got wrecked in the first corner and he had no grip in the front.
But I think a professional driver should see that and settle down until he gets a new wing. But it looked like he was pushing
further until he crashed and took two drivers with him out (swiss driver buemi and germand driver hülkenberg).

I think all the drivers Japanese drivers have over been over zealous in the way they drive, it hink thats one of the reasons we see them crash so much to name just a few it's always been the case with, Nakajima, Sato and Kobayashi.

With regard to Button i think he really stamped his authority on the team yesterday. A great drive and even if Vettel never went off i think he would have caught him has theres only button who can manage his tyres like he did for so many laps. Webber and Hamilton were getting 1:28's on fresh tyres, Button 1:29's on soft tyres 40 laps old, that says it all for me, great drive and great race on the whole.

With regard to Webber, ive always liked him but he could have avoided both Hamilton incidents yesterday. I think he was trying to prove something he didn't really need to either it being his home GP.

One thing ive found interesting is how poorly Schumacher performed, i really thought he would be on the pace here but i suppose not being the fastest in the team, and actually having to race and overtake people now is getting to him.
If he doesn't improve i don't think we'll see him see out the 3 year contrct he has.

Don't think i'd be blamming Koboyashi too much. As you saw from free practice 1, the sauber's front wing came off twice!

Think the story about him making contact with someone at turn 3 and dislodging the wing is BS.

Sauber are just covering their ass's because something as serious as a front comming off 3 times on a race weekend would destroy the teams image.

Yeah. loosing a front wing three times on a weekend is too much.
Maybe it was not Kobayashis fault but his reaction after the race was just not appropriated.
He should be worried about what happend and not find it funny what happend.

Definitely a dangerous car thought. Even the car is from switzerland :(

Yeah - I think Lewis was just frustrated about his entire weekend. I always thought there would be days when Button would get the upper hand, and that was yesterday. Something not to be overlooked though - Lewis started 11th, but was ahead of Button inside 10 laps. Lewis was then just 4 seconds behind him, even after Button made the brilliant call to go to wets.

Don't write Lewis off yet, or his ability to manage the tyres. I think we're in for an interesting year at McLaren with each driver having his day.

And guys, don´t take it wrong, s not the funniest sport on earth, neither the boring one, but it depends a lot on the circumstances and more than this, in the circuit. A circuit like Albert Park will always be better for a good race than Malaisya as an example, with kilometric and tarmac runnofs.

And guys, don´t take it wrong, s not the funniest sport on earth, neither the boring one, but it depends a lot on the circumstances and more than this, in the circuit. A circuit like Albert Park will always be better for a good race than Malaisya as an example, with kilometric and tarmac runnofs.

Weather Makes or breaks Malaysian race for me to be really Honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back