2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post Mark, I have to agree with those, Except I'd like to see hulkenberg stick it out at Williams. It would be nice to see them continue to grow back towards their former glories, and to pull a young talent with them as they do.

Turn 8 is a great point to overtake. It was just Alonso's car lacking top speed yesterday compared to the mighty speed of Petrov. Turn 1, 5, 7, 11 were also good spots.

Don't think it was the track to be blamed but the drivers not willing to take exceptional risks in the final race.

Was there any overtaking done in turn 8? Apart from Webber going past Algersuari? Or Algersuari letting him by.

It was the same last year. Exceptional risk has imho nothing to do with it. You either have a chance to pass or not. You can't just brake later and take the chances. Surely you understand that passing is a lot more than just courageous battle of who brakes last? Even lapped cars had trouble letting people by.

The track is the biggest reason for the lack of on track action on abu dhabi. When I look at that track map of abu dhabi I can't imagine anything to make it worse. It is already as bad as you can make it.

Here are my ratings for the season:

Best team 2010.
Red bull imho. Both mark and seb scored several wins and dominated most races. Only red bull's reliability prevented them (vettel) winning everything.

Person of 2010.
Adrian Newey and Vettel. Clearly the best car and best driver.

Race of 2010:
i'm undecided with this one.

Car of 2010:
That RedBull. only problem was with reliability.

Unsung hero of 2010:
Rosberg. Drove really fast, never made errors and always was able to extract 100% out of the car. Unlike Kubica he didn't have number one driver status. A close call with Kobayashi who made some strong moves with a car that never was that good.

Disappointment of 2010.
Massa. Wasn't never really able to get close to Alonso. Lacked pace and was never really a factor.

Hope for 2011:
To see Chandhok back in F1. Clearly deserved a place in f1 but was never given proper chance to show himself.

Hi
In season 2006 Schumi passed Fernando on the track in Corea and was clearly much faster than him ,

You mixed countries, you are refering to other GP as there was no Korea GP in 2006.

Is totally unfair to say he won in 2006 because schumi broke engine, because in the race before he los a wheel because the mechanic failed to adjust it well. Both had their tech issues that season.

Also, as F1 fan, I don't like when people says somebody is not deserved champion. That happened to Button last year, and from my perspective win an F1 WDC is soo difficult and the season is that long that everyone winning deserves to be there. Brawn was clearly the best in the first half, but in second Jenson had to manage his adventage with an inferior car, and he did very well so he became WDC, despite the general rumon that also motivated an F1 Racing Magazine frontend saying "Deserved champion?", what is lame.

In 2007 and 2008 he did two seasons similar to the one Kubica did this year, but with a crap car, that renault was just awful, remember where his teammates were fighting at the time, close to what Lotus did this year.

About talent... for me Fernando toguether with Hamilton is the most talented driver in track by far, he has that "plus". I still couldn't see it in Vettel but just because he's too young and has to learn to manage pressure, he's incredibly fast when he can pull off but will be even better when he starts to feel confortable into traffic and variable race circumstances (I think that will happen next year now he's WDC and has less presure in some way).

Alonso is second best overtaker after Lewis, and even with a faster car in straights, he couldn't pass the other renault.

Nice post Mark, I have to agree with those, Except I'd like to see hulkenberg stick it out at Williams. It would be nice to see them continue to grow back towards their former glories, and to pull a young talent with them as they do.

Yeah - I wanted Hulkenburg to keep his Williams drive as well, more than Rubens keeping his, just like I wanted Rosberg to stay there - but the reports are already out that Hulkenburg has lost his drive.

Williams are my team and I want nothing more than to see them back at the front. For no other reason than Frank Williams has and always will have my undying respect. That and the fact Williams go about racing the way I believe a team should: all about the team, the engineering excellence - williams aren't in F1 to make a business out of it, or grow brand WilliamsF1, they are in it to win!

For me the driver of the season has gotta be Kobayashi. He singlehandedly banned the sentance 'unable to overtake' from F1!

Alonso is second best overtaker after Lewis, and even with a faster car in straights, he couldn't pass the other renault.

These are the drivers who defy the convention that you can't pass in F1. whilst it is extremely difficult to pass, these guys demonstrate that you can do it if you want it bad enough. I feel modern F1 drivers will need a few more seasons of no fuel stops to realise they have to take matters into their own hands again, rather than wait for the strategic stop to gain 'track position.'

'Track position' has got to be the phrase I hate most about modern F1 - as it relates to F1 being more about chess than racing. Mansell's version of track position was putting his car on the piece of track he wanted, whether you wanted it or had it first or not.

Yeah - I wanted Hulkenburg to keep his Williams drive as well, more than Rubens keeping his, just like I wanted Rosberg to stay there - but the reports are already out that Hulkenburg has lost his drive.

Williams are my team and I want nothing more than to see them back at the front. For no other reason than Frank Williams has and always will have my undying respect. That and the fact Williams go about racing the way I believe a team should: all about the team, the engineering excellence - williams aren't in F1 to make a business out of it, or grow brand WilliamsF1, they are in it to win!

Well said Mark :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 206 10.3%
  • < 4 years