2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium

The final chapter of the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship will be written this weekend in Abu Dhabi,

where one of four men will be crowned World Champion: Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso; Red Bull Racing’s,
Sebastian Vettel or Mark Webber; or McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton. Alonso leads the chase with 246 points,
followed by Webber on 238, Vettel on 231 and Hamilton on 222.

The Constructors‘title has already been decided, with Red Bull Racing taking the title last weekend in Brazil after a 1-2 finish that put the team out of reach of their rivals on 469 points. The venue for what promises to be an epic showdown finale to a classic Formula One season is the purpose-built Yas Marina circuit, some 30km from central Abu Dhabi. Built for the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in 2009, this harbour circuit was envisioned as a ‘Monaco of the Middle East‘ and the track’s layout retains some of the street-circuit feel familiar from Monte Carlo, with 21 turns – 12 left, nine right – three chicanes, six 90-degree corners and a hairpin leading to the back straight. As last year, the Abu Dhabi race will be a ‘twilight’ grand prix, with a local start time of 5pm. It will begin in daylight, but finish after sunset, allowing TV cameras to capture the spectacle of the spectacularly lit Yas Island facilities.

abu_dhabi.jpg

f1-key-valencia.gif

PREVIEWS:
Listen to the expert views of the F1CastNet crew's podcast HERE

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi !!!!

Got my fingers crossed already for Mark winning the title. Fernando will have his hands full to defend his lead, which i think and hope that he won't succeed in. I think his engine problems of the beginning of the season (he's already 4 or 5 races on his 8th engine) will cost him deerly in the dying seconds of the championship.

I belive his engine will die in the middle of the race. It's not that I wish so but with think many races which it have entired it would be almost impossible to stay at the speed of neither the RB and the Mclaren. I think the Ferrari will be lacking top speed which is quite sad.(This is unbelivable, HRT laps Alonso.)

I belive his engine will die in the middle of the race. It's not that I wish so but with think many races which it have entired it would be almost impossible to stay at the speed of neither the RB and the Mclaren. I think the Ferrari will be lacking top speed which is quite sad.(This is unbelivable, HRT laps Alonso.)

Can I have some of what you are smoking.

Sadly i think its gonna be Fernando, i wanted mark to win but Red Bull cant seem to make up their minds or focus on any one thing, ferrari and fernando have been consistant with a very solid direction to what they are trying to achieve. Mclarens are too slow so its likely that the front three cars will be Webber, Vettel and Alonso, if alonso comes 2nd then he's world champion, he has in my opinion the best chance to win.

But i would love for an upset, as in anyone other than Alonso to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%