2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect much from Italy pre-World Cup and it looks like I was right. They have no key player in their squad, De Rossi is the only guy worth talking about.

There's still no team standing out as particularly good so far. It's all been typical first round games. People would rather "not lose" than push for a win and potentially get caught out.

Germany weren't 4 goals better than a particularly poor and 10-man Australia, despite the score.

Hopefully, as there's been so many draws, people will have to loosen up in the second Group games and start going for the win, which will open it up a bit.

Unlike past, most of the teams know how to defence and this makes the games a little dull and boring :(

Even North Korea made a great defence against Brasil at the First Half.

You know who I blame for that?

Greece.

They won the Euros by packing their defence, always having 10 men behind the ball, trying to nick a goal here and there, and showed the smaller teams that you can have some success against more technically gifted opposition by frustrating and smothering them, rather than competing. It worked for Greece, but it wasn't pretty.

So, something that began as a "not getting battered" tactic now becomes the default position of smaller footballing nations against bigger ones, and as a result, this is the lowest scoring, most boring first round of games I can ever remember.

Au revoir les Bleus. France never has been a team during this WC. If Mexico and Uruguay are clever they pull up for a draw and there both thru the 2nd round and they knock out France and SA. But you never know in football :)

Meh them 2 players wouldnt of made an impact.... The whole team just looked detached. Lol did you guys see most of the subs standing behind the goal and not by the bench that must really say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%