2010 Dakar Rally

Tragic irresponsibility

This pics are from the saturday accident site. The people was in chairs, drinking alcohol, with childrens........AT ESCAPE WAY OF THE CORNER!!!.
incredible irresponsibility!!

It was a forbidden site to public

Stage 2 summary

Pending validation by the race marshalls, Qatari driver Nasser Al-Attiyah (VW) gets his fifth stage victory behind the wheel of a car on the Dakar and his first stage victory in this 32nd edition 1’08 ahead of Frenchman Guerlain Chicherit (BMW) and 2’01 ahead of a surprising Brazilian driver named Mauricio Nevès (VW)… Consequence in the standings, Nasser Al-Attiyah takes the lead 1’19 ahead of his Spanish team mate Carlos Sainz (VW) and 2’30 ahead of Frenchman Stéphane Peterhansel (BMW). Next are Miller, Nevès and De Villiers, i.e. 5 VW in the Top 6 !... No surprises however in the Open category where US driver Robby Gordon gets a new stage victory with the 11th fastest time at scratch. In the production category Jun Mitsuhashi (Toyota) wins the stage 4’10 ahead of his team mate, Frenchman Nicolas Gibon (Toyota). The Japanese driver hence comforts his position in the lead of the overall standings of the production category with now a 7’13 lead over France’s Ronan Chabot.

McRae 4x2 Buggy"s
Pl 43 Dees Beffie - Great Job
Pl 49 Kees Koolen
Pl 90 J.vd Goorbergh
Pl 111 Cr Leyds
Pl 116 Tim Coronel

Helicopter crash

( Google Translation )
A helicopter followed the alternative rally as it passes through the province of Catamarca crashed with four crew members who were injured to varying degrees.
The plane would have fallen at a time when the area blew gusts of wind.
The helicopter in question would be the traditional motorsports program "Campeones".

helicopterodakar74140.jpg

I have to say Tim Coronel makes always a nice discission in with car he will driving. Last year it was the beautifull bowler nemsis and now its the challenge to drive the low cost single seater mcrae buggy.

I am in love with the buggy, nice car

here some pics of the buggy of Tim and Chris

06-01dust1.JPG
coronel908.jpg
CHRIS-LEYDS-S5-702.jpg

Indeed they made a cool decision using this buggy. By the way, I see Argentina and Chile as a better option than Africa. It looks as cool as africa, and it is much more safe to the organization and drivers.

Viva Argentina!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back