2009 World Rally Championship

A small update..

Dani Sordo will also drive Arctic Lappland Rally Finland end of this month. So it takes only two weeks and we'll get first taste about Kimi's pace. :drool:

Also red that Kimi got rid of last years Abarth and gave it to his brother Rami who propably will drive it at Lappland.

Mika Salo joins that rally with fwd Fiesta, so overall lineup is pretty interesting.

A small update..

Dani Sordo will also drive Arctic Lappland Rally Finland end of this month. So it takes only two weeks and we'll get first taste about Kimi's pace. :drool:

Also red that Kimi got rid of last years Abarth and gave it to his brother Rami who propably will drive it at Lappland.

Mika Salo joins that rally with fwd Fiesta, so overall lineup is pretty interesting.

Is Kimi's brother any good, Hannu ?

I hope his citroen is doing well
citroen.gif

He's been testing Citroen on friday and saturday near Jyväskylä. If not on rally Finland roads then at least pretty close. Couple days to go and then we'll see something :p

http://www.arcticrally.fi/english/arcticlaplandrally.html

140 cars from WRC to historic cars will start next Friday to fight their way to be the Finnish Rally Champion in their own class 2010.

Kimi and Sordo have best cars so I believe it's not hard for Dani to win this rally. Kimi should be somewhere pretty close to top if he doesn't crash :)

We were all doing jumps like that in our RBR Event last week, Frosty Finland. :drool:

Seriously, Kimi will add a tremendous amount of interest to this year's WRC, and I expect he will surprise a few top drivers too. Looking forward to this year's WRC. :p

Great stuff. Thanks Hannu.
He's allready looking very focussed. Can't wait to see him next to the big names.. Still think Loeb has a big gap, when it comes to experience obviously, but Kimi ... well he's from Finland, so there you go :)

Arctic Rally started today and unfortunately Kimi is already out. After the 1st stage he was 2nd, 5 seconds behind Sordo but went off road in stage 2 and couldn't get back. Hopefully he can continue driving tomorrow. In first stage he was 0,5s slower/km than Sordo.

EDIT: He is moving again half hour behind others but still in the rally :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years