2009 V8 Supercars Season

I'm sure he will end up in Team Management somehow. Pretty sure he hasn't finished as a Bathurst driver either, he'll probaby end up as a co-driver for one of the Major teams eg. HRT.

• Jaius Dewing

well as a holden fan it is sad to see Skaifey go but the time was right! I still think he had pace on some tracks this year though but he was just never consistent and i guess the Bathurst incident with Jamie was just the icing on the cake....

on the positive side, if the rumors are true that Davison is replacing him at HRT next year.... WATCH OUT for this team! Thats a winning combo right there i feel, even better than whincup and lowndes since lowndes has become a bit of a bridesmaid to whincup! (hes still a great driver but hes no championship winner anymore). Tander is still right at the top of his game and Will has yet to reach his ful potential but shown this year he can be up the front and that was with a lesser team. I suppose Frosty and Richo are up there as well....

Should be good next year.... Good luck to skaifey in watever he does after retirement!

• Stuart Neal

I've seen the INDY carnival, been there, done it. If I get another invite I'll go again! Great racing, great views and the F/A 18 flyover is awesome. If they don't get the Indycars or the A1 Open wheelers, the V8's will draw the crowds anyway. The sight of an Indycar on slicks after a big hailstorm a couple of years ago was excellent. The sound of said car with the pop-off valve going off at every gearchange is a sound that can't be replicated. Beautiful!

V8's at Symmons Plains

I forgot to remind everyone, the second last round of the V8 Supercar Championship is being held this weekend at Symmons Plains in Tasmania.
I won't divulge any results so far.

One of the more interesting incidents occurred in the MINI Challenge race yesterday, in the wet.
AFL player Jason Akermanis was given a guest drive and managed to roll his MINI in the (would you believe) warm up lap. Something only Akermanis could do.

• Stuart Neal

Apparently, it got away from him while warming the tyres.

Race results:
Race 1:

1. Todd Kelly
2. Jamie Whincup
3. Mark Winterbottom

Race 2 & 3.

1. Jamie Whincup
2. Craig Lowndes
3. Todd Kelly

With one round to go, Whincup just about has the Championship won, barring a disaster last round.

I guess only Whincup or Winterbottom can win the Championship now... Tander's a distant 3rd. :disapointed: But, even though Jamie and Frosty are both driving Fords :at-wits-end:, I'll be happy for either of them. They've both done a great job.

Yep, Symmons Plains isn't a very interesting track at all.

However, the final round is at Oran Park which is quite interesting, challenging, and different. It's very tricky to drive too.

One of the more interesting incidents occurred in the MINI Challenge race yesterday, in the wet.
AFL player Jason Akermanis was given a guest drive and managed to roll his MINI in the (would you believe) warm up lap. Something only Akermanis could do.

That was absolute gold!! I haven't laughed so hard at anything on tv for a very long time.

• Stuart Neal

V8's at Oran Park

Don't miss it! it is the last round of the V8's and the last major race there, ever! If you can't see it live, try and get it somehow. Hopefully they will have some old tv footage.

• Andy Marsden

I'm will record the highlights on Channel 5 (crap tv channel here in the UK), would watch or record it live but I dont have sky sports :(
Last one I saw highlights of was the Desert 400 in Bahrain, Whincup was unstoppable!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%