2009 Superbike World Championship

• Wido Rossen

Nitro Nori is keeping his chances alive for the world title.
Spies almost lost it on the last lap of race 1.
But countered at race 2 to take the win as Spies finisht 4th.

It`s getting down to the last race`s at Portimao.

• Wido Rossen

The final races for the 2009 WSBK Championship on the 23th of October.

Algarve.jpg

Championship standings with 2 races to go.

Noriyuki Haga : 436
Ben Spies : 426
Michel Fabrizio : 346
Max Biaggi : 293
Jonathan Rea : 279

Track Facts:
Track Lenght 4445 meters.
12 Corners.

Vermeulen moves to SBK with Kawasaki

The Kawasaki World Superbike Racing team has announced Chris Vermeulen will move to the series next year after signing a deal with the Japanese manufacturer.
The Australian rider, currently racing with Suzuki in MotoGP, will thus return to the World Superbike championship, where he raced in 2004 and 2005, finishing runner-up in his second year.
"The Kawasaki World Superbike team structure has evolved well in this its first year being run by Paul Bird and his experienced crew," said Steve Guttridge, Kawasaki European Race Planning Manager.
"For next year we realise that we need to make another step forward to be competitive at WSB level and we believe Chris could be the key to this. It's an understatement to say we are looking forward to next season now, we just can't wait!"
Vermeulen, who will begin testing the WSB Ninja ZX-10R in November, said he wanted to test the bike earlier but wasn't allowed by Suzuki.
"I was hoping to get a ride on the bike at the Portimao tests after the race there but my current team does not want to release me from my current contract until the GP season is finished, which is completely understandable. So my first ride should be at Autopolis in Japan on 18th and 19th November," he said.

• Wido Rossen

And the 2009 Champion is ????

Ben Spies has won the WSBK Championship.
Spies scored enough points on the Portimao track to take the championship with just 6 points ahead of rival Nori Haga.
Haga lost the championship at Portimao when he crashed out of race 1.
Spies scored the maximum points in race 1 and toke the lead.
In race 2 Haga drove very solid and finishd 2th behind his team mate Fabrizio.
Ben Spies finishd 5th and that whas enough to win the championship.
Haga again has to settle for second place in the WSBK.

Spies wil be driving a yamaha for the TEC 3 team in the motogp next year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back