2009 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
stcc sunday

stcc on a sunday for me, after four seasons (two here, two in germany) on the wtcc cars and tracks and one gt club season now (not to mention two mini seasons) stcc feels like a great new challenge. bought it early but never really had the time to play it properly.

Question:

Is there any plans for live broadcast via PSR TV or maybe a new broadcasting centre?

IMO live broadcast is the missing link here at RD and the only thing that is missing to take RD to that next level.

I have another opinion, sorry. Live TV is cool, but expensive, and to be honest not many people watch live races on internet TV because of the inferior quality and bandwith issues and sorry to say: disconnections.

Personally i enjoy a homemade video by one of our members more for some reasons: i find it incredibly cool that members of this community show the dedication to actually create footage for us and spend hours and hours of free time to please us, big respect to all those movie makers out there (you know who you are)
Those movies can be watched anytime i like on youtube. A lot more people watch a short, well edited movie then a 60 or 90 minute broadcast and most of all, we have so many leagues running at the same time that it will be hard to choose who to broadcast and not offending the other contestants.

The moment we will switch to live broadcasting (it will happen in the future, might even been soon) is to a station that can actually handle large numbers of viewers in superiour quality, but unfortunately that is not provided within the simracing community yet.

Ok thanks for the answer Yoeri.

Also, I heard there is a patch to allow 28-30 slots in Race07 / Evo.

There is but its not entirely reliable and it would be poor form if it cost someone a championship race at some tracks by failing on raceday with the combination of track and driver used at the time. Also it requires better hardware for all who take part, this is not possible for all people to have. Having a fixed benchmark for performance keeps things fair accross the field on that front.

I too would like to see larger grids in Evo but only through the proper channels as when/if that happens full consideration will be given to everybodies ability to run it smoothly. Sooner the better for me.

Hi folks
Main goal is to participate in the US F3000 championship, but if I don’t make it in there (due to priority to US racers) I would be happy to race another league and then RDTCC sound like great fun. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%