2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

I would have to say that that just proves that they aren't the car of tomorrow or the car of today they are the car of Takeoff <.< >.>
At 190+ MPH, spinning out will likely result in getting airborne no matter what you drive. Didn't help that Newman plowed right into Edwards' car too. Thankfully the safety fence did it's job and the (COT) car did its as well.

Coming to the checkered in HD:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FsYDEIZWk&hd=1[/ame]

Not sure how to adjust the size of the box/border here on RD but click the video to watch it in all its HD glory on Youtube.

I was watching it with a friend and the commentators were saying nothing got through the fence which we disagreed with. When they slowed it down you could see plenty of stuff come off the car and go through the fence. Freak crash but one of his own making, he never should have come back down, you can clearly hear his spotter tell him he had a car inside.

I was watching it with a friend and the commentators were saying nothing got through the fence which we disagreed with. When they slowed it down you could see plenty of stuff come off the car and go through the fence. Freak crash but one of his own making, he never should have come back down, you can clearly hear his spotter tell him he had a car inside.
Going for the win, i would have tried to at least force him below the line...but at least he admitted to blocking and said Keselowski did nothing wrong.

But the thing is if he'd stayed up he probably would have still got it to the line first. I love the way he still insisted on crossing the line though, the guy's got character for sure.

• Wido Rossen

End result:

1. Tony Stewart #14 Old Spice/Office Depot Chevrolet Stewart Haas Racing 227 laps
2. Carl Edwards #99 Aflac Ford Roush Fenway Racing 227 laps
3. David Reutimann #00 Aaron's Toyota Michael Waltrip Racing 227 laps
4. Jeff Gordon #24 DuPont Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports 227 laps
5. Ryan Newman #39 US Army Chevrolet Stewart Haas Racing 227 laps
6. Marcos Ambrose #47 Little Debbie/Clorox/Kingsford Toyota JTG Daugherty Racing 227 laps
7. Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowes Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports 227 laps
8. Juan Pablo Montoya #42 Target Chevrolet Earnhardt Ganassi Racing 227 laps
9. Jeff Burton #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing 227 laps
10. Sam Hornish Jr #77 Mobil 1 Dodge Penske Racing 227 laps
11. Greg Biffle #16 3M Ford Roush Fenway Racing 227 laps
12. Clint Bowyer #33 Cheerios Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing 226 laps
13. Jamie McMurray #26 Irwin Vise-Grip Ford Roush Fenway Racing 227 laps
14. Casey Mears #07 Jack Daniel's Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing 226 laps
15. Kasey Kahne #9 Budweiser Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports 227 laps
16. Matt Kenseth #17 DeWalt Ford Roush Fenway Racing 227 laps
17. Michael Waltrip #55 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota Michael Waltrip Racing 226 laps
18. Martin Truex Jr #1 TomTom Chevrolet Earnhardt Ganassi Racing 227 laps
19. Mark Martin #5 Carquest/Kellogg's Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports 227 laps
20. Reed Sorenson #43 Valvoline Engine Guarantee Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports 226 laps
21. Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull Toyota Red Bull Racing 227 laps
22. Kyle Busch #18 M&Ms Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing 227 laps
23. Joey Logano* #20 Home Depot Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing 227 laps
24. Kevin Harvick #29 Shell/Pennzoil Chevrolet Richard Childress Racing 224 laps
25. Elliott Sadler #19 Best Buy Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports 226 laps
26. David Ragan #6 UPS Ford Roush Fenway Racing 227 laps
27. Dale Earnhardt Jr #88 AMP Energy/Nat.Guard Chevrolet Hendrick Motorsports 225 laps
28. Bobby Labonte #96 Ask.com Ford Hall of Fame Racing 227 laps
29. Paul Menard #98 Pittsburgh Paints/Menard's Ford Yates Racing 226 laps
30. AJ Allmendinger #44 Stanley Tools Dodge Richard Petty Motorsports 226 laps
31. Robby Gordon #7 Pittsburgh Paints Toyota Robby Gordon Motorsports 227 laps
32. Scott Speed* #82 Red Bull Toyota Red Bull Racing 227 laps
33. Regan Smith #78 Furniture Row Chevrolet Furniture Row Racing 311 laps
34. David Stremme #12 Penske Racing Dodge Penske Racing 227 laps
35. John Andretti #34 Taco Bell Chevrolet Earnhardt Ganassi Racing 307 laps
36. Dexter Bean #51 LiveWire Energy Dodge Blackjack Racing 226 laps
37. Kurt Busch #2 Miller Lite Dodge Penske Racing 226 laps
38. Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx Toyota Joe Gibbs Racing 227 laps
39. Sterling Marlin #09 Miccosukee Resort Chevrolet Phoenix Racing 117 laps fuel pump
40. Dave Blaney #66 Prism Toyota Prism Motorsports 226 laps vibration
41. Joe Nemechek #187 NEMCO Toyota NEMCO Motorsports 226 laps vibration
42. David Gilliland #171 Charter Air Transport.com Chevrolet TRG 226 laps ignition
43. Patrick Carpentier #36 Tommy Baldwin Toyota Tommy Baldwin Racing 225 laps vibration

2 News
last night was a great finishing at the Michigan Speedway, with Mark Martin taking the win while the 2 front runners (Greg Biffle & Jimmie Johnson) ran out of fuel on the last lap

Now a sad news in the Nascar Mexican devision
Sunday we saw a Mexican driver, Carlos Pardo, loosing his life in a horrible crash at the Puebla oval
I saw the crash, but due to the crash being a bit shocking, I prefer not post it here

If you want to see it, just google it

2 News
last night was a great finishing at the Michigan Speedway, with Mark Martin taking the win while the 2 front runners (Greg Biffle & Jimmie Johnson) ran out of fuel on the last lap

Sunday we saw a Mexican driver, Carlos Pardo, loosing his life in a horrible crash at the Puebla oval
I saw the crash, but due to the crash being a bit shocking, I prefer not post it here

A truely shocking accident, i haven't seen a stock disintregate like that in some time.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

O.o That was a huge crash, not nice to see. Points to some stupid track design though - weird wall placement!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back