2009 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
He passed Alonso when Alonso was on the road, but Webber off it. Then Alonso fell off the road after Webber had passed him - I thought this would be enough to save Webber actually given that Alonso didn't stay on the track at the same corner, but apparently not.

There was another corner as well where most drivers were actually driving with all four wheels on the inside curbing, ie outside of the track white line, but I guess that because no-one ever made a pass there it was ignored. Someone also skipped part of the chicane and didn't yeild to people behind him (kimi? heikki?) but again I guess it fell under not taking advantage.

Problem is rules are not clear in F1.

Kimi went from 6th to 3rd in Spa just outside the track, doing a more open turn and carrying more speed to eau-rouge:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcjM6LYxS7k[/ame]

... and in this case all the rest of cars made the turn properly... so...

He must be the unluckiest F1 driver.
I thought when he passed Alonso they were both off the road?

In the end it was irrelevant because he couldn't have finished the race anyway.

Vettel has had the same amount of bad luck as Webber this year. I just don't think Webber is a top tier driver, he's a good driver but I would not put him in the top 5 personally, he has great days of speed though just not consistent enough.

Ptuui! Rules couldn't be clearer "You pass someone outside of the white/orange lines, you give the position back" It was a Ferrari, what more could we expect. Fisichella was robbed.

In that video posted, other cars did the same thing as Kimi. Did they get penalised?

No, because they didn't gain significant ground. And one of them was a Ferrari (Badoer as well as Kimi)

Kimi went from 6th to 3rd in Spa just outside the track, doing a more open turn and carrying more speed to eau-rouge:
Of course - I was talking about just the Singapore race. Unfortunately you can't compare the stewards between races as they are not the same.

The rules are very clear, but the enforcement of them by the stewards is not. They claim that is because local stewards will know the local safety issues better, so will enforce rules more or less strongly depending on the track. I don't think it's fair, but F1 isn't really about being fair, it's an entertainment show *ducks* :p

Goddam.
Listen to you lot. You make me laugh.

Ferrari this, Ferrari that. Ferrari are cheating, even when they're not at the front... And as soon as they get 1 race up front, the floodgates open a bit more.

When ya's realise it's a sport that you have no influence in, and all your whinging and *****ing only serves to piss people off... well you get the picture.

No, not at all.
I'm saying that week in, week out, it's a ***** fest about Ferrari. Surely there is something else to discuss, like how bloody well Glock did at Singapore, or something like that.
And it's not just on this forum that I see it either.
It's so bloody annoying

*shrugs* Ferrari are the biggest name in the game - half the world sing their praises and half slag them off. It's only natural - if you prefer the praise side of things then just look at some other forums where the air coming out of their exhaust seems cleaner than the freshly created heavens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back