2009 DTM Season

• Wido Rossen

Premat is not gonna be happy with that......
Everybody could see that there whas a teamorder.
And that scheider whas so agressive that i think that there`s gonna be a protest from spengler.

yes, it looked like a teamorder to me too, but he did go wide and on the grass, but he would lose so much time if it wasn't an teamorder.

And Sprengler will have to protest against Ekstrom too, because he overtook him on the same way.

Bah, it was a nice race until the Audi Direction gave teamorders to Premat and Scheider....... A Big Boooooooooooh for Audi :banplease::laser:

I hope DTM will do something to stop this, because these kind of things are ridiculous !!!!

• Wido Rossen

Audi domination on the nurnburg ring.

Audi is back in command with 1,2,3 during qualification.

The first Merceds is on the 2th row at P4.
Amazing to see that Suzie Stoddart managed a 13th place.

nurnburg.jpg

Vanina Iccx is last as usual.
She is just finishing off her season and then she`s gone.

• Wido Rossen

DTM 2008

This week former F1 driver Albers wil perform a serie`s of tests on the spanish circuit of Almeiria.
Albers will be reunited with Colles .....his former F1 team boss who dumpt him after theF1 race in England.
The dutchmen is trying to get a seat in the DTM for next year.

phoenix.jpg

A.Premat in the Phoenix audi.

Both teams are driving last years cars, but albers hope`s to make a good impression and drive in a new audi.

• Wido Rossen

Rumour..............

The rumour grows strong that the Lexus company will participaid in the DTM.
For some years now the DTM has only two brands that run in this serie.
Lexus would be a welcome change in that.
The decision will fall this month if they will go on with it yes or no.
Lexus is also planning to show the new IS on the Tokyo motorshow on 11 Januari.
The IS serie is in the street version the rival of the Mercedes-Benz C Class.
Interasting detail on the Lexus site is that in the coming soon section a new race team is to be announced.

lexus.jpg

The orange IS on the foto drives in the GrandAM serie`s.
The new Lexus IS could also be driven in the DTM.

• Wido Rossen

Well , i agree.....
Dr Wolgang Ulrich is also happy when other brands join in the serie` s.
But he thinks that they will struggle the first 2-3 years to become competetive.
This mainly has to do with the fact that Mercedes and Audi have a big advantage and knowledge build up in the serie`s.

Well, Dr Ulrich......isn`t that will all motorsport classes...?

If they make the same entrance as they would have done this year in the WTCC it will be a big failure. But i have to agree with Atti, that the more the merrier is better of course!

• Wido Rossen

Ralf in DTM ?

Despite elder brother Michael's advice to the contrary, it appears that F1 refugee Ralf Schumacher may be considering a switch to the German touring car series DTM in 2008.

According to ORF, the Austrian national broadcaster, the 32-year-old has lined up a test in a Mercedes-Benz tin-top car this week.

Christian Klien, who similarly tested for Force India earlier this winter before the team selected Giancarlo Fisichella for 2008, may also attend the test, the report added.

Following former twice world champion Mika Hakkinen's departure as a works Mercedes-Benz DTM racer, it has been suggested that the manufacturer and the series were keen to tie up again with another F1 name.

ORF said Schumacher, a six-time grand prix winner, and Austria's Klien will test on Tuesday and Wednesday at Estoril, Portugal.

• Wido Rossen

La Rosa out of the DTM

Daniel la Rosa seems to be leaving the Deutche Tourenwagen Masters and Mercedes for the 2008 season. According to MotorSport Aktuell no new contract has been signed with Mercedes. The reason for this is most likely due to insufficient sponsor funds. Instead it looks like the 23-year old German is heading for sportscars to the 2008 season.

La Rosa made his debut in DTM during 2007 for Mücke Motorsport team. He made a strong debut, finishing third in his first ever race. But after that he only managed to score in one more race and finished 13th in the championship.

"I've been negotiating with Mercedes for a long time, but in the end we couldn't come to an agreement", La Rosa said. "Now I will have to look for something different".

The car for Ralf ?

• Wido Rossen

Ralph keeps on testing

Ralf Schumacher continued the DTM-testing for Mercedes yesterday. It seem as the German is getting closer and closer to a deal for the 2008 season.
”I wouldn’t be here if driving a DTM racer it wouldn’t be big fun, for me. And - it goes without saying - if I wouldn’t seriously consider racing in DTM,” Schumacher said to "Bild Zeitung".

Ralph.jpg

"Now, I want to use every minute for getting to know the car better," he said.

As we have reported before: if Schumacher is going to drive for Mercedes in the DTM 2008 he is going to do it in a 2007 specification Mercedes C-Class.

"Should a co-operation come about, I would race one of the 2007-spec cars. After all, ‘I’m new in the DTM business and would have to get to know everything and accustom to racing the car. And you don’t need a new car to do so. In the learning year, winning races just would not yet be the goal."

Mercedes Motorsport boss Norbert Haug says that the decision will come in February and see no obstacles for the deal to be made.
"I assume that the decision will be made in Feruary. If Ralf is interested and wants to go further, there is nothing against a co-operation", said Haug.

Damm , that car looks so good.

• Wido Rossen

The German newspaper Bild reports today that Ralf Schumacher will sign a contract with Mercedes today to race in the 2008 DTM. The 32-year old driver will report to the Mercedes headquarters in Fellbach today to work out the last details of the contract and to finalise the deal. Schumacher will sign a one-year deal, with an option for an extra season in 2009.

"I felt good in the Mercedes very quickly", Ralf said to Bild. "Häkkinen and Alesi have won races as well, and that will ofcourse be my goal too."

Norbert Haug thinks Schumacher will need some time to adjust. "Just like any other driver, Ralf will need to have two years of learning first. There is no 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' in DTM".

Schumacher will race the 2008 season in the same car Mika Häkkinen drove last year. If he decides to take up his option for 2009, he is likely to get a new car then.

• Wido Rossen

Audi`s line-up for 2008

Audi have completed their driver line-up for the 2008 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters. As TouringCarTimes reported months ago Katherine Legge, Olivier Jarvis and Markus Winkelhock, are new for the season.
"A lot of big-name drivers also approached us, which shows just how interesting Audi and the DTM are," said Audi Motorsport boss Dr Wolfgang Ullrich.

"It was, however, clear from the off that we would stick to our strategy of further rejuvenating our driver squad and, quite logically, to nurture our own talent alongside our established stars,"

With the 27-year-old Markus Winkelhock, Audi signed one of the most promising and well-known young German racing drivers. The Swabian scooped the headlines worldwide last year when he sensationally led the race on his Formula 1 debut at the Nürburgring. He laid the foundations for his future at Audi with solid performances in the DTM as stand-in for the injured Tom Kristensen and later in the Audi customer team Futurecom TME.

legge.jpg

The 27-year-old Briton Katherine Legge follows in the footsteps of Michèle Mouton, Tamara Vidali and Vanina Ickx. Over the last two years she created quite a stir in the North American Champ Car Series. Katherine Legge is the most successful woman ever to have competed in the US counterpart to Formula 1. The British girl has also already completed her first Formula 1 tests.

Twenty four-year-old Oliver Jarvis is regarded as one of Great Britain’s brightest future prospects. In November 2007 he won the famous Formula 3 Grand Prix in Macau. Jarvis has also recorded several victories for his homeland’s national team in the A1GP series.

Abt (2008): Mattias Ekström, Tom Kristensen, Timo Scheider, Martin Tomczyk

Rosberg (2007): Mike Rockenfeller, Markus Winkelhock

Phoenix (2007): Oliver Jarvis, Alexandre Prémat

Futurecom TME (2006): Katherine Legge

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back