2008 Season Mod

Misc 2008 Season Mod 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Do you happen to have a list of who's who know? Would make things easier, else I have to compare the language file.

Unfortunately I don't. All I've worked out so far is Hamilton now appears to be Button, and Rosberg appears to be Barrichello. I'm a little busy at the moment but I'll see if I can work out any more later on.

So far, have edited the short names in the language file and database. Audio voices have been changed, too - I hope(!) CM didn't delete content from 2013 because then it works best as this mod contains many drivers that did exist as audio in 2013 but not in 2014 so I entered the values from 2013.
As I have changed the short name string id, I guess I'll have to correct the nonpersistent file for driver cards, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

@wpinrui @TBGP
test this out, please (link)
have corrected the short names for drivers (database, frontend, language), the audio names, included No DRS 2014 + no audio (hopefully works as intended, test that separately and let me know) and no text when message appears DRS has been enabled

@wpinrui @TBGP
test this out, please (link)
have corrected the short names for drivers (database, frontend, language), the audio names, included No DRS 2014 + no audio (hopefully works as intended, test that separately and let me know) and no text when message appears DRS has been enabled

Great man, thank you! I'm going to bed soon so will have to test it tomorrow, sorry.

Hi @ParkYongLee
Sorry I took a while, was about to head to sleep when you posted it originally and the next day was too hectic for me to have a chance at checking it out. Installed it today and gave it a run for around 30 mins so far. I can confirm it no longer mentions DRS at all or shows any notifications for it, the short names for the drivers are fine now. I guess the audio names for team mates are disabled? During practice and qualifying they never referred to Jenson (my team mate in career) as Lewis a single time which they usually do a few times. Only issue I've had is that at the start of Q2 when the red lights are showing, just before it gives you control of the car the game crashed. First time it's ever done this in around 25 hours of playtime so not sure if it has anything to do with the mod, but hoping it was just a one-off.

No, the audio names are only disabled for those that don't exist (btw. try if Barrichello is somehow named, that's one of the guys I used the value from 2013 as it doesn't exist in 2014). There is no difference/selection in the database between teammate or not.
Hm.

No, the audio names are only disabled for those that don't exist (btw. try if Barrichello is somehow named, that's one of the guys I used the value from 2013 as it doesn't exist in 2014). There is no difference/selection in the database between teammate or not.
Hm.

Ah okay, I'll play it a little more soon and let you know.

Okay @ParkYongLee I've played it more since my last post but it seems that now my engineers (this is in career, team mate is Jenson) no longer mention my team mate at all for some reason. They usually give me updates on him throughout qualifying and often when passing say things like "Careful, don't take out your team mate" but tonight there's been no mention of team mates on team radio at all.

Hm, dunno. Am installing 2014 again and will have to test things myself.

E: first few tests with vanilla game but switching audio the same way I can't confirm this issue. Have to try with the 2008 mod.
E2: Tested with 2008 mod so far can't confirm it. Been playing as Heidfeld and as Barrichello, don't take out your team mate etc. comes just as often as in vanilla. Will now check for the names being told.

Last edited:
So, I tested and tested and yes, the game does not like Button. He's never calling his name BUT that's also the issue (for me) with vanilla 2008 database.
However, my engineer told me: Massa was leading, Fernando was in the box, I was close in front of Raikkonen, Hamilton prepares for a pit stop.
Yet the values of 2013 (like Kovalainen and Barrichello) seem to not count anymore, sadly.

But as the changes work as intended, there's nothing to fix.

E: Yeah in the speech files the old drivers are no longer included. Will test if the speech file from 2013 will do more (I mean the standard sentences didn't change after all).
E2: while testing the 2013 speech file, my engineer mentioned Button, finally :D but no Kovalainen

Last edited:
So, I tested and tested and yes, the game does not like Button. He's never calling his name BUT that's also the issue (for me) with vanilla 2008 database.
However, my engineer told me: Massa was leading, Fernando was in the box, I was close in front of Raikkonen, Hamilton prepares for a pit stop.
Yet the values of 2013 (like Kovalainen and Barrichello) seem to not count anymore, sadly.

But as the changes work as intended, there's nothing to fix.

E: Yeah in the speech files the old drivers are no longer included. Will test if the speech file from 2013 will do more (I mean the standard sentences didn't change after all).
E2: while testing the 2013 speech file, my engineer mentioned Button, finally :D but no Kovalainen

Ah okay, that's awesome! I guess it must just not mention Button often then for some reason, since he's always my team mate I guess that's why I wasn't hearing anything.

If I install this mod but then in the future want to change back to the 2014 season is that possible and how would I do it?

The way I did it was too back up my save game in a seperate folder, and create multiple folders. I personally have one for the base game (Vanilla), one for a modded 2014 season, and the 2008 mod of course replaces the default directory as F1 2014.
Image to show how it looks:
UTkyr3F.png

This way if I ever want too go back to any of the other games, I will rename the 2008 mod as I have with the others, turning the folder name into "F1 2014 - 2008 Mod" and whichever one I want to use from the other folders I will just rename as "F1 2014", grab my save game backup I made back when I switched to the 2008 mod and put it back in what would now be the F1 2014 folder, and job done, everything back to normal. It's actually a far more simpler process than expected, only downsides are the extra storage used.

The way I did it was too back up my save game in a seperate folder, and create multiple folders. I personally have one for the base game (Vanilla), one for a modded 2014 season, and the 2008 mod of course replaces the default directory as F1 2014.
Image to show how it looks:
UTkyr3F.png

This way if I ever want too go back to any of the other games, I will rename the 2008 mod as I have with the others, turning the folder name into "F1 2014 - 2008 Mod" and whichever one I want to use from the other folders I will just rename as "F1 2014", grab my save game backup I made back when I switched to the 2008 mod and put it back in what would now be the F1 2014 folder, and job done, everything back to normal. It's actually a far more simpler process than expected, only downsides are the extra storage used.
Ah ok thanks for your help

My game just crashed using the 2008 mod is there a reason for this was in the middle of a short Quali around Monza Edit: it's now happened twice
Ok I fast forward the session and it didn't crash so..

Last edited:
My game just crashed using the 2008 mod is there a reason for this was in the middle of a short Quali around Monza Edit: it's now happened twice
Ok I fast forward the session and it didn't crash so..

No idea what could have caused it, never had a single crash using the mod myself. Has it happened again since?

No idea what could have caused it, never had a single crash using the mod myself. Has it happened again since?
I haven't tried running a short Quali without fast forwarding the session again after it crashed twice I'll try it again later and see if it happens again

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 117 13.5%