2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Neil Wood

i might find that very wrong daniel there has been different race winners at silverstone since 2002 and crowed around silverstone has always congratulated the winner. if you can prove me wrong. Quote the sentence and site.

I was just about to say that. All winners at Silverstone have been received in a sportsmanlike manner. You think Schumie got booed everytime he won there?

• Darren Gardner

It was sad to see david being taken out, but that is a great shot

• Wido Rossen

The video is no longer availble. ( thnx "again" :censored: FIA )

• Peter Meijer

Omg.. was laughing my ass off yesterday! I think Hamilton deserved it! Vettel made it really hard for him, but if Glock had done a pit stop for his tires he would've also finished behind hamilton so i don't think hamilton won with luck! Such a pity for massa though! Done a great job but lost to many points with stupid mistakes! Also FIA made it hard for hamilton.. Like the situation in spa! So congratz Hamilton! :D

I don`t really care who is world champion, but in a season long competition the person with the most points deserves to win it through consistent scoring.

I have been very disappointed for a few years now with F1, it seems to get more boring every year, but I thought it was a fantastic finish to the season when I thought Massa had won only to have it taken away at the last minute. I was so happy I decided to put it on with 6 laps to go.

Congratulations to Hamilton, the big test is how he will defend it next year.

On a personal note, I will probably start watching it again next season now ITV have lost it and it won`t be interupted by adverts.

i might find that very wrong daniel there has been different race winners at silverstone since 2002 and crowed around silverstone has always congratulated the winner. if you can prove me wrong. Quote the sentence and site.

I don't mean only a race winner, I mean winning a championship in the last courner. If silverstone would be the last race and massa had won it there in last courner, when all lewis fans were then disappointed cause of a few 100 meters. Then I think the reaction would be the same as it was in brazil.

And by the way Keith, Ian and Nick, this is my opinion, I have heard you disagreeing with me more than once. Im fine with that but please dont this time. My opinion!

Hold on one min kid!! Why have you brought my name in to it??? and i for one like others in all the post do not agree with what you have been saying and have put across what we think so why not name them as well??
You may be admin ross but it's the like's of us at Ane(who i take you are still bitter at because it did not work out for you with us lot or should i say the trouble we had with your mate like RD have)that help to pay to keep the server running!! and will carry on helpping to keep the servers running. My opinion!

• Aldo Villamil

hmm well i has pulling for Hamilton but Massa gain my respect. He push hard and was gracious at defeat. I hope they change the points system and award one more point for winner of the grand prix we will see.. I have to say one of the most exicting Gps i have ever seen and wt the hell happen to glock at the end?>>

Massa has a superb character and is just an awesome guy, I think he deserved the title as much as Hamilton did.

Hamilton won the worldchampionship in the last turn, but it was obvious the rain was falling way harder in the last lap of the race than the 3/4 laps before. That's the reason why both Toyota drivers lost so much time, and also the reason what really makes the loss of the championship sore for Massa. Losing it in the last lap is terrible, but losing it in the last turn? I can never believe Glock let him by, that is just a weak excuse of the pro-Massa/Ferrari fans.

Overall both drivers made too many mistakes, but I really think Hamilton is the driver for the future and not Massa. I also believe in Alonso and Vettel, they are both with Hamilton the real superstars. I really do believe Hamilton can be the next Schumacher, but when Vettel and Alonso get a Ferrari in their hands - they could form a big threat for him.

I think there'll be no next Schumacher in the close future! Massa, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Raikkönen, Kubica, Heidfeld (I think he's very good also, just had the same problems this year that Raikkönen had), maybe Glock, they're the future, and even God can't tell us who will win and when! Everything is possible, even that somebody else wins! We'll see!

Overall both drivers made too many mistakes, but I really think Hamilton is the driver for the future and not Massa. I also believe in Alonso and Vettel, they are both with Hamilton the real superstars. I really do believe Hamilton can be the next Schumacher, but when Vettel and Alonso get a Ferrari in their hands - they could form a big threat for him.

Yea i think youve got a point here but the FIA have made some Very BIG decisions against hamilton which i dont agree with but massa has developed so much this year in the way he saves his tires and also in the way his pace has picked up!

I cant not watch F1!

Im not saying Lewis Hamilton is a bad driver, he is one of the best in the world, but IMO Alonso and Massa are better (Thats my opinion so dont argue!) I dont have to support Hamilton just because he is from the UK, I dont think we shoulkd be forced to like drivers from our own country. I also admit Alonso has been chilish but it has been very funny to hear his comments, without Alonso F1 wouldnt be what it is. He gives it that extra something :)

And by the way Keith, Ian and Nick, this is my opinion, I have heard you disagreeing with me more than once. Im fine with that but please dont this time. My opinion!

first off i know what you mean by not be able to not watch f1. even as much as i want to at times i have to come back.

understand you have your opinion and we also have ours, that's what makes us individual. i'm not arguing to bring you to my side of the table, rather saying i disagree then present why i disagree. personally i think there are a lot of good drivers in the field just now and things are only going to get better. i've said it before and i'll say it again, Alonso, Massa, Raikonnen, Hamilton, Rosberg, Kubica (think i forgot him last time though - must be getting old!), Glock. Some good talent in there - lets get the cars and racing close (with their own engines please fia) and look on to 2009.

roll on bbc coverage! (/me starts singing the chain bass line) dummmmmmmmmm dumdum dum dumdumdumdumdum duuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guys I am reading this thread since the beginning. Please don't make the outcome of the F1 season to personal. Its not worth it. As good sportsmen we have to shake some hands here.

If a driver/team would be that better, he should be champion some races ago (both Massa and Hamilton). This time Hamilton was the lucky victim (loL), we shall see who is the next champion of 2009. Bring on the slicks :)

Hope its another team than McLaren/Ferrari. As said earlier, F1 is pretty boring nowadays and this year was besides the FIA facades not bad at all in terms of racing.

For the people complaining about Hamilton being booed, two words for you. Stoner, Donington :)

PS: Does anyone know where I can watch the Press Conference? Stupid channel 10 here in Australia cut off as soon as the podium finished. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back