2008 British Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

Great footage, those where the day`s.

Here some more.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAogXUAwi8&feature=related[/media]

and

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJcPq8IVrNg&feature=related[/media]

Thats how it should be. Very nice from Ford to join the BTCC again. Thats why I like this serie so mutch. Many different manufactors and of course the fights.
I miss this variety in WTCC. Hope that Honda will stay next year. And where is Volvo ?

Tempus Sport Enters With 2 2008 Lacettis

Found this on Touring Car Times, 2 of the 2008 WTCC Lacettis are on their way to the BTCC with a new team.

Althouth we have lost Robersthaw and SEAT Sport UK, we seem to be doing quite well for new cars with Arena, CVR possible extra cars at WSR, KWR, BTC-Racing and Motorbase, and now Tempus joining up as well:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2991

Tempus Sport Ltd will run two Chevrolet Lacetti in the British Touring Car Championship 2009. Harry Vaulkhard will drive one of the cars while the second driver is yet to be announced.
"This is a serious campaign with substantial backing. We have the latest specification Chevrolet Lacettis, and everyone has seen how strong they were on the world stage this year," said team director Richard Coleman.
The Chevrolet WTCC-team RML will provide the team with technical support during the season.

"It's excellent news for RML to continue an ongoing involvement with Harry Vaulkhard, through Richard Coleman at Tempus. Their geographical location in Milton Keynes enables us to give them good support in their first year of the BTCC.

Likewise we can help fast track them with set up information as they plan to share some European winter test venues with us. Tempus have a very competitive package for their 2009 BTCC campaign," said RML Chevrolet project manager Mark Busfield.

The team will take delivery of the first car before christmas. Vaulkhard is more than pleased over being able to continue driving in the BTCC next year and is looking forward to drive the car before the end of the year.

"I think the odds were against me in 2008, but I'm confident that 2009 will be a far better season. Although the Tempus Sport name is not well known, the personnel have a lot of experience and I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the new car. Having a deal put together so early in the day means I can focus on my racing and hit the ground running with an extensive test programme. If I get a run in the car before the end of the year it will be a perfect Christmas present."

• Andreas Ronnback

Thats how it should be. Very nice from Ford to join the BTCC again. Thats why I like this serie so mutch. Many different manufactors and of course the fights.
I miss this variety in WTCC. Hope that Honda will stay next year. And where is Volvo ?

Since Volvo was testing their skills at Brands they are thinking about wtcc, but nowadays nothing´s sure.
I wounder whats going to happend with Chevy. I meen, with all this talk about cutting down.

• Andreas Ronnback

Why not the Cruze?
Its verry agressive... isnt it?

• Outlaw1

BTCC: Thompson pleased with Dynamics test

James Thompson tested the Team Dynamics Honda Civic at a damp Donington Park today. The 34-year-old Brit was pleased with the test and is considering a British Touring Car Championship return.
"It’s possible I could come back, for sure. At the moment I’m still contracted to N-Technology but there is no programme," said Thompson to BTCC.net

BTCC: Thompson pleased with Dynamics test
James Thompson tested the Team Dynamics Honda Civic at a damp Donington Park today. The 34-year-old Brit was pleased with the test and is considering a British Touring Car Championship return.
It’s possible I could come back, for sure. At the moment I’m still contracted to N-Technology but there is no programme," said Thompson to BTCC.net.

All by touringcartimes.com

I read in Autosport last week that he was looking at possibly doing both the WTCC and BTCC, although it isn't clear which championship he would race in when the events clashed.

On a side note - I've just read a rumour that Plato has been for a "cup of tea" down at the WSR/ Team RAC base. Seems to be a fair amount of interesting rumours going around at the moment and the Thommo and Matt Neil to Team Halfords one still seems to be hanging round - so the BTCC could be in for quite a mix up between now and March.

• Wido Rossen

Coronel due to crisis in 2009 BTCC ?

A Dutch website is reporting about a possible chance that Tom Coronel will be driving in the BTCC 2009 season for Seat.
The Japanese WTCC winner of last year is a possible victim of the financial crisis that goes arround.
Seat Holland ( who is the main sponsor of TC ) has to cut back on the cost.
A switch to the BTCC would be a possible option.
Main reason is the transportation cost.
If TC would drive in the BTCC that cost would be limited to a fraction of the WTCC transportation cost.

Touringcar times is running the story now as well.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3065

If he will drive in BTCC, thats in fact splendid news.
After all, BTCC is much nicer to watch over WTCC.
Hope to see him racing when I visit Donington this year :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back