• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

2007 - 2009 V8Factor Unleashed Seasons

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by MyHolden#11, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Rot Teufel.
    Copy and pasd the veh ini in the Inta team file. Open the original one then copy & pasd all of this over all of the data written.

The one you have with 09_ICR_77-Copy, Add a number or letter to the beginning of it, just to be sure it's not read by the game.

Test this to see if the game still crashes. If not you should see the the Sherrin livery on the tracks that are crashing now.

MyHolden11 is right to say the car only raced 3 or 4 rounds so it shouldn't be there for the rest of the year but rF will load the default car anyway. The only thing you can do if you wish is to boot that car out of practice.

Thanks guy's for your bug reports. We are taking note. We may need to do a small update just to make sure every ones installs are fix as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Yeah, Not sure what happened there. A type O haha... Oh well it just goes to prove we are human. Thanks for the fix M1GHTY.

3. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    So Conclusion then
    patchlog 1.2 2007-2009 V8FU Seasons
    E10 Engine and regular flames
    Alan Gurr cockpitinfo.ini fix
    Team BOC 20007 Typo fix
    R.Kelly Adelaide skin should be #1 instead of #16.
    Sandown 500 Skin for Toll HSV #1 R.Kelly/P.Radisich ; #16 G.Tander/C.Baird
    E10 Engine and regular flames
    C.McConville Adelaide Skin is missing the yellow around the WOW logos, and should also have WOW on the bonnet instead of BOC.
    ICR Livery fix
    Fabian Coulthard Talent File Typo (lacks the h)

4. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    Also a typo for Team BOC 2007, where it'll appear as Team BOC 20007.

Plus as someone else mentioned Rick Kelly's 07' Adelaide skin has the #16

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rot Teufel

Rot Teufel

Ratings:
    +172
    thanks for the tip. Anyways seem that this crash happens only on Nikon Gold Coast event (FVR tracks)
    Meanwhile on others tracks car run well without crash

I'll try to add "- trace" to rfactor.exe to see if i found more...

I guess that's the error, but i'm not sure.

Check out my full trace list

Attached Files:

6. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    The thing is the game is looking for content that doesn't exist. In the original veh file track list the game is looking for ICR_77xxxMS. The only ones are ES so I've removed the line with MS (Mid season) and B (Bathurst). The error log shows " Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra3_000, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ORSM\V8FACTOR09\TEAMS_FORD\INTA RACING\09_ICR_77cpstrip.dds," and so on is the game trying to find these parts. The veh file data I've put in the above post should fix it for you.

Not sure this track was added. FVR do have great tracks and are well made but the thing we were having trouble with is the track naming. Each time there was a update the tracks name changed, (WIP 4 to 5 to 6...) and so on. This style of updating the tracks made it impossible to get them all correct. You'll find some FVR tracks don't get the correct livery because of this. The tracks should still work but because of the name change it will only load the default liveries just as they do if you race these cars on a international track.

• Like Like x 1
  7. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    Yeah FVR tracks are hard to track down , not even sure what WIP is actual for each track, I even have like 5 different WIPs for Adelaide and Surfer's.
    As for ICR as it was early season only it doesn't matter that much at all if they're all set to ES.

8. Rot Teufel

Rot Teufel

Ratings:
    +172
    i got the luck to donwload them when FVR have publish on their site those tracks.
    The Gold Coast Nikon was the WIP4 version. The others cars run well without problems.

For proper loading skins, i'll check out the name on the GDB files. Thanks for the help

9. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    The 2009 Surfers has only ever had one version but the short track has been updated and is dated 28 November 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  10. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Rot. It shouldn't crash unless your install doesn't have the default skin. Can you check that for me..

11. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    Yes Flash that's what I meant. I was the one you were talking to about the track naming. I didn't mean any disrespect by saying that our liveries may not change for all FVR tracks. It was just the fact that we couldn't list all the different WIPs that were out there at the time. Now how ever after our talk we have set the mod up as per your instructions but in saying that for those that have the older WIP tracks I was mealy advising these tracks want show the correct liveries because their not in the tracks list. Thus only showing default ones.
    In this case the ICR car should load without fault.

The main issue here isn't the tracks. Yours or any one else's, and it was never suggested that the tracks were at fault.
    The Fault was/is that of the ICR car having listed car DDS content that doesn't exist.
    I've given the reworked veh file data which removes any reference to any missing car DDS content and asked if Rot could load and test this for us.

Cheers.
    Doug.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    Sorry if I'm being a pain but Cameron McConville's Adelaide 2008 Commodore is missing the yellow around the WOW logos, and should also have WOW on the bonnet instead of BOC, as seen here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ash0/2287536957/

Other than that, the skins look fantastic :D

13. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    Hey Doug - no mate I didn't think anything else, I just wanted to clear up that the boys were on the wrong path thinking tracks are at fault. I know ours do or did have a naming issue. I'm not sure regarding the config now of V8FU, but I do have a file that fixes all our existing tracks to the naming we had agreed upon with yourself, of course as long as they are the latest versions. I will quite happily relink all the existing tracks if that helps any track issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    wasn't meant to discredit FVR efforts, it's just harder to find actual WIPs as per season and problems usually occur when updates coming, which is usually a good thing to see progression. Again it's not FVR Track issues but rather problematic to have them in place, because all tracks are single releases instead of trackpacks. Neither one's fault at all wasn't intended to have a trackpack whilst several reasons why it couldn't be set up.

15. Rot Teufel

Rot Teufel

Ratings:
    +172
    the funny point it's only one car on one track... the others cars run well, even if the proper skins isn't missing...

give one minute and i'll post the trace.txt

Attached Files:

16. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +201
    The trace is pointing to the Inta car.
    The only thing I can note in the trace log is the entry that has reference to \INTA RACING\Misc\09_ICR_77cpscreen, I would think it should read \Misc\09_ICR_77EScpscreen. Note the ES isn't being referenced.

What's the track?

Flash understands the traces better then I do. Maybe he can give some ideas as to what's going on.

17. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    My understanding and I may have to download the mod myself and the track heheheh, but looking at the trace file I would say the graphics when it says it can't adjust or find,
    Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra4_000, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ORSM\V8FACTOR09\TEAMS_FORD\INTA RACING\09_ICR_77cpscreen.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ORSM\V8FACTOR09\TEAMS_FORD\INTA RACING\Misc\09_ICR_77cpscreen.dds, tex2=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ORSM\V8FACTOR09\TEAMS_FORD\INTA RACING
    it should default to its default graphics. In other words it will work regardless, as long as there is a default graphic which I would assume there has to be.

I would say that this bit is holding the clue to the issue.
    vehgfx.cpp 1004: Vehicle gen token "CPITXBAREXISTS" unknown
    vehgfx.cpp 1004: Vehicle gen token "CPITMAXEXISTS" unknown

This is a token or command that is part of the gen files and it can't find its argument in the ini file. I would be looking in the GEN - locate where this is. I would rem the line or lines out in the gen temporarily just to see if that solves the problem.

18. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    Yeah the problem with trackpacks with us is I never really have the confidence to release the tracks as complete, therefore they remain underground so to speak. The other problem is, as soon as I look at one of our older tracks I want to update it and then its not up to date with the rest of the pack anyway. Almost all of our tracks get annual updates which is a lot of work as most of the time its poor old me that is doing the work in this area. Apart from Hamilton which was updated by Muzarati - a dedicated V8FU user.

If ORSM have to do a patch we can quite happily relist all our tracks again and the naming convention going forward so that if we do update it will work. We do that for our mod for tracks that we have that don't even exist officially, so when they do the skin will pick etc etc.

For example we have Sandown and Symmons that are only available through us and they are 2010 years, the naming going forward and for that matter backward (using our patcher to rectify all the tracks) will be exactly the same apart from the year.

As I said, quite happy to do this to help cure issues with our tracks. All our tracks are readily available for our members with membership only $5000 for August, bargain. :) and I have just been slack and haven't updated our webpage but I will look at rectifying that issue this weekend.www.fvrfactor.com

19. Rot Teufel

Rot Teufel

Ratings:
    +172
    It's "Nikon Gold Coast 2009 WIP4" or FVR Gold Coast WIP4"...

20. FlashQld

FlashQld

Ratings:
    +30
    I just downloaded the mod and had a quick look at the GEN and INI files. Just at a quick glance of the install, if you do a search for CPITXBAREXISTS and the CPITMAXEXISTS in the 09_ICR_Upgrades.INI then you will find this argument isn't in there. So it will instantly crash because it doesn't have a clue whats going on because that argument is referred to in the UPGRADES.GEN file.