• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Dear fan, please make sure to like the video and subscribe to our channel to be eligible to win this round's prize provided by our sponsor.

2005 V8Factor Unleashed Community Edition

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by still_bacon, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Gavin Greenway

Gavin Greenway

Ratings:
    +0
    Good job to all involved. Nice to see the missing link (Season 2005) finally getting a run. Will the 2004 and 2006 we did as ORSM be released or are you guys going to go the community route again?

2. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    It would be cool if you do release it. When you've put all the effort in making the skins, it'd be a shame not to have them out there for people to enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aussiedano

aussiedano

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Gav,
    if the ORSM Team have done & wanna Release 2004 & 2006 that is Awesome the Community Route is only if Team ORSM havnt got the time or dont want to do it............i just wanna see all possible seasons see the light of day..

4. MyHolden#11

MyHolden#11

Ratings:
    +33
    Hey Guys, hows the 2005 season coming? :)

5. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Hi All

As promised last week, Release Candidate 1 is in Drop Box for you to test.

If there are no issues reported by Friday, we will send out links on the weekend for all to enjoy.

Bacon

• Like Like x 2
  6. M1GHTY M4VS

M1GHTY M4VS

Ratings:
    +68
    Must've been blind looking for the link.
    Will it come with Talent Files and Red Flame Exhaust ?

7. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    Feedback, 2005CC season.
    Ford Fujitsu #52 late.(Black car). Looks like it has the older shading layer on it. The sides are quite dark. The red cars look fine.
    FPR painter credit missing car #6.
    ORRCON cars have a number of issue but the one that stands out is the blue, yellow from the body to headlight are far off matching.
    Team BOC. A small thing, the exhaust blackout is close to not matching the exhaust 3D model.
    WPS exhaust blackout, are for three exhaust but set with two pipes 3D model. Also it looks like the old style chrome plate is still on and shows behind the new one. All cars.
    Both black liveries, Logos on the side skirts are very low quality compared to the other liveries.
    PMR. Windows, The holes are white, not holes at all on the side roll centre adjustment. Need to be black on the alpha.
    WOW Sight & Sound. Team board missing. Or naming error.

Something a little strange.
    This is the car in the pit bay.
    upload_2014-6-30_9-35-7.png
    See the headlights look like their on. The side windows are also bright, looking like there's light coming off them.
    But...
    upload_2014-6-30_9-37-16.png
    Outside the bays the lights are as they should be, Off.
    The track here is the 2005 version, Bathurst. It's the same for 2006 and 2010 versions. I tried the 2006 V8's season and it's the same. This is the first time I've notice this at all.
    My in game setting...
    upload_2014-6-30_9-47-56.png
    I'll need to look at this with the newer models now.

8. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    The thing with the WOW Team board, I treated the 44 and 45 cars as the same team, so made 1 board for the pair of them. The 44 team board will work with 45. Otherwise I can knock together a pair of new boards for those cars tomorrow.

For the BOC cars, the exhaust blackouts were designed to go with exhaust 5. The placement is similar. They are slightly wider than exhaust 4 though.

9. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    Team board is a naming error. No need to make anything. Simple fix.

BOC upgrade ini I'd suggest maybe wrong. It's not a big issue. It's pretty close anyway.

It's only what I see that's wrong. I can fix them but Bacon needs to know so it's corrected and updated in the Dropbox install. Some things are small enough that it could be over looked but it still pays to mention them.
    No need to worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    On the windows and headlights in the pit bays.
    The three new cars (VE, BF & FG) don't have this happen. The older cars (VY,VZ & BA) all do on all versions of Bathurst.
    It's a materiel setting when importing to gmt.
    Before you ask. No, there's no fix. Will there be, Doubt it. It's obviously not a issue that anyone has noticed before or mentioned after this long. Doesn't take away from your racing.

11. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    It is based on the BA and VY/Z models from the community content so I think they were the red flame. If not, then no...

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    Done, Done and Done!!!!!! I am uploading RC2 for checking. Exhaust, exhaust spots and window files fixed. Board renamed and alphas checked. Ready for final checking and feedback all, and forgot to say to M4V... No Talent files

13. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    FPR and Toll 75 team boards aren't working. Most likely naming.
    A few things listed earlier still not fix but it's more liveries .

14. ea_silver_ghia

ea_silver_ghia

Ratings:
    +64
    I just noticed the Ingall Star Day livery hasn't been included. Surely that one's different enough that it should be added?

15. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    All things from your list that can be done have been done.. The alpha on the FUJITSU Matches the other cars, so it is consistent across cars. the exhaust on the WPS is the same on all cars and that is how it was provided, It is not the other thing behind it is just the way that one was made. WPS Black liveries could be updated to a clearer logo, but I don't have it so supply and will be fixed. Also, i wasn't aware of the boards so thanks. they will be renamed

Thanks for the additional details too ea.. didn't realise star day was missed

16. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    With the black Fujitsu car, It's not the Alpha I was talking about. The shading layer or light layer. It's the older one. You can see the difference when looking at the Fujitsu word on the side. The white is a dark grey, when you look at the red cars, The white is closer to white.

The team lightened the shading on all the older models, (BA, VY & VZ) so the white matches the white on the newer cars.

Logos for WPS

upload_2014-7-1_20-22-24.png

17. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    The Fujitsu is an optical illusion. The cars are built off the same shading, and it is the shader from the released templates too.

I have fixed the WPS logos and also rebuilt a new exhaust plate that has removed the edges from the other one that you didn't like.

If no more feedback by Thursday night, I'll compile the final Candidate for a final test and release.

18. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    Ok, Fujitsu car. Trying to explain in words has failed.
    So...
    upload_2014-7-2_21-8-58.png
    The top one is the car in the 2005 install. The bottom one is mine using the newer shading layer, The light one. The difference is obvious wouldn't you agree? The red versions of the Fujitsu car are fine like I said before. The word Fujitsu is far whiter then this black version tailing me it's the old shading that has been used.

19. still_bacon

still_bacon

Ratings:
    +159
    and my answer stands.. The Red and Black cars are built from the template in the Unleashed Mod. The PSD for the 2 cars uses the same numbers and common details, just the black and red are different layers on the same file. There can be no difference between the fujitsu on the red and black cars in the Mod.

If there is a template that you are using that has a lighter or different shader layer, then it is not the one originally released to the community in the Mod, as I am using a fresh install for building the Mod.

20. Doug62

Doug62

Ratings:
    +200
    No, I haven't edited the template any more them the teams released plates. I thought it may have been your car had 2 shading layers on but no, that's not even dark enough to match your car.