• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

$200 Simulator

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by KingNyan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. KingNyan

KingNyan

Ratings:
    +0
    I am really interested in getting into sim racing, but I don't have a very big budget. I am planning on building my own wooden cockpit rig with materials from around the house (previous project) I already have a 32 inch lcd I'm not using as well as my current pc (specs below) so all I really need is a wheel to get started. I'm looking at either getting a DFGT and upgrading pedals, and shifter, or getting a G27. Which will be better? If I get a DFGT what pedals, and shifter? Anything I'm missing, or is there anything else I could do to improve the overall experience? I was looking at the buttkicker but they are too expensive, are there any cheaper options? I hope I posted this in the correct place. Thanks for any response.
    PC spec: AMD Fx-8350, 8Gb Pny xlr8, 1Tb seagate barracuda, 240Gb Corsair ls ssd, Radeon r9 270x, Asus mobo, and a Cooler Master hyper 212 evo.
    Edit: I'm 15 and still in school so this is my leftover christmas money. Saving money isnt really a option until summer when I can start doing some side jobs again.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    In that price range, I'd go with the G27. Its usually around $200 and is good as you can ask for at that price.

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,607
  4. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    They were $200 all through the holidays for the last two months but I see they're back up to $250 again. Should not be hard to find one on sale again though if you watch for it or pick up one slightly used.