F1 2011 2 question about tracks...

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all!

I have 2 question rounding my head several days ago:

1- Is it possible to include in the game the Bahrain and Hockenheim circuits using the F1 2010 files?

2- Is it possible to edit the order of the circuits in a new season of the career?

I'm thinking about these two questions, to make the career a little different each time because I think playing 5 seasons with the same circuits in the same order is a bit repetitive and tedious.

Thanks in advance for your answers and a very happy racing from Spain!!:wink:

I did try adding Hockenheim and Bahrain, but I have not had time to say I tried properly. I just copied the folders across, and changed one or two bits in database.bin to try and get the tracks to appear in the GP menu, but had no luck. Likewise, I have messed about with one or two AI settings in database, and while doing this, noticed that there are settings that seem to affect the race order of the season.
Right now I'm waiting for the patch to see what it fixes, but after that I might spend some time trying to edit these things, I agree with you it would be good to have some variation season to season. Has anyone esle had any luck or know any reason why Hockenheim and Barhain would not work?

that would be an enormous change to the game if that was possible... maybe you have to remove 2 tracks that is in the game atm, and swap them with 2010 tracks? file paths, directories etc may not allow for additions but perhaps supplements.

Well, I got as far as the bahrain picture appearing in the GP menu in place of Istanbul! (which is where 4th GP will be nextyear). But track itself would not load. But as I say, I really haven't spent any time comparing the files to see if it is really a possiblity, I hope someone with more modding expertise than me might be succesful, but I will try further when I get time (I must admit I got excited when it appeared in the menu! )

Thanks for answers.

I have to say that I don't know too much of modding, so I'll wait for news of members. I think it would be, perhaps not possible because Bahrain and Hockenheim have no DRS zones... I don't know, I'm just speculating. But it does not be a problem at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back