rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmm why we drive Fuel usage x2 but not Tyre usage x2? I mean it should be real so both should be x2 or not ? :) After 1/4 of my fuel with x2 usage i have 95% on each tyre - dont think thats what it should be like.
I nevet experienced x2 tyre wear to work properly, but yes the tyres are fine and you dont gain any advantage by not killing them. Pit stop time is the same without tyre change.
So it will be a 2.5 hour sprint with the LMP-1 :ninja:

Damn you guys for;
- Putting this race on the norwegian constitution day
- Putting it this early in the day

Both means I can't attend :(
Looks like a killer event, and good time to practice upfront, hope to see something like this scheduled for a bit later in the evening so I can join.

I had an issue with the virtual mirrors on the Audi R18, which are really necessary as the visibility is very poor with 1 monitor.
But everytime I went of throttle or on the brakes I just could see the nice sky above Silverstone, so during battles in the braking zones I had no idea where the other car is.

Changing the mirrors didn't help, but when setting head movement from 100% to 0% the issue was gone, but without head movement it all feels dead for me.

There is a setting in the user PLR file, which I have not tried yet, but I will do that later today:

Moving Rearview="3" // Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement

Default seems to be 3 and somehow this car causes massive headmovement for the rear mirrors, but not for looking out of the front window.

I hope that works and will make battleing a lot saver :D

I'll go out on a limb here timings wise...
my pit crew can refuel 100 litres in 26 sec.

Trouble is I need about 35 sec to take a visit to the bathroom and I am driving solo!

Do i hydrate and risk a dash or dehydrate and lose concentration?

I'll go out on a limb here timings wise...
my pit crew can refuel 100 litres in 26 sec.

Trouble is I need about 35 sec to take a visit to the bathroom and I am driving solo!

Do i hydrate and risk a dash or dehydrate and lose concentration?
windeln.jpg

I had an issue with the virtual mirrors on the Audi R18, which are really necessary as the visibility is very poor with 1 monitor.
But everytime I went of throttle or on the brakes I just could see the nice sky above Silverstone, so during battles in the braking zones I had no idea where the other car is.

Changing the mirrors didn't help, but when setting head movement from 100% to 0% the issue was gone, but without head movement it all feels dead for me.

There is a setting in the user PLR file, which I have not tried yet, but I will do that later today:

Moving Rearview="3" // Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement

Default seems to be 3 and somehow this car causes massive headmovement for the rear mirrors, but not for looking out of the front window.

I hope that works and will make battleing a lot saver :D
Just checked it. Rearview mirrors work now perfectly with the setting on 0.
I would recommend it for all Audi R18 drivers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back