rF2 2.5h WEC @ Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) - Sat 31st May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The test race yesterday showed that it's necessary to do a complete formation lap in order to warm up the tires, so here is our starting procedure (first post has been updated accordingly):

Note: You might need to download the pace car and the ISI 370z if you haven't done so already (links in 1st post)

Start procedure:
  • Manual formation lap (single file) + rolling start
  • Game is set to standing start => clock will already be ticking when we do the formation lap
  • The speed of the formation lap will be dictated by the pace car
  • When the pace car pulls in, the leader will dictate the pace
  • No overtaking before the start/finish line
  • Note: The pace car will slow down in the Porsche curves (yellow section), so everyone has a chance to close up on the pack - no need to drive too close to other cars before that section!
Q2nR6Zc.png

Last edited:
For anyone who made the sprint race, or has been able to compare-- How do the LMP1 and GTE classes compare in the approach + braking zone for the first Ford Chicane?

(For further reference, I'm in an LMP1)

I've had two accidents practicing with AI GTE drivers here, as they try to outbrake me and come around the outside. But they end up running wide because I'm already on the apex, and they end up taking to the grass and hitting me when they cross over the track.

Where is a typical GTE braking point here? Earlier than LMP1? Later? Can GTEs corner through here faster than LMP1s? Or is this just a case of goofy AI physics/goofy AI driving? :p

For anyone who made the sprint race, or has been able to compare-- How do the LMP1 and GTE classes compare in the approach + braking zone for the first Ford Chicane?

I've had two accidents practicing with AI GTE drivers here, as they try to outbrake me and come around the outside. But they end up running wide because I'm already on the apex, and they end up taking to the grass and hitting me when they cross over the track.

Where is a typical GTE braking point here? Earlier than LMP1? Later? Can GTEs corner through here faster than LMP1s? Or is this just a case of goofy AI physics/goofy AI driving? :p
I brake at about 110-120m there, and I think LMPs are faster through there. someone passed me just before the braking point in that corner in a LMP1 and I wasn't held up ;D

April
I have driven both and the LMP1 braking marker is 15-20m later. The LMP1 corner speed is a little higher too.
In passes I made there on GTE you can be level at 200m board and by the time you have exited the chicane be 50-75m ahead:cool:.
So it would be foolish to get into such a duel.:(
The LMP1 is also much more stable under brakes there.
So it sounds like someone was using a moving brake marker which is never wise:confused:!!!!

I brake at about 110-120m there, and I think LMPs are faster through there. someone passed me just before the braking point in that corner in a LMP1 and I wasn't held up ;D
Yuri I think we had that early this week there.
We were side by side at say 200m and both hit out braking marks and no issue as LMP1 was 20m later and good separation followed.

Ok cool, thanks guys :) Yeah, sounds like it was just the AI being loopy, no surprises there :p

I've been trying to use the AI to help gauge good/bad passing spots on the GTE cars. But it sounds like I need to stop, as it doesn't seem very representative of what it'll be like on the day.

I installed the pace car but when trying to enter the server it says I don't have the component. Any thoughts?

cancel that question-rookie error, had not installed in mod manager.

Last edited:
Where i have to do it David?
put the file in
userdata/player/settings/AudiR18/choose either car and click on it you will see their dds files. I think you just put it in there along with the existing ones.
If there is not a file for the car go into the tuning menu in game before going to track and click make directory.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%