rF2 2.5h WEC @ Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) - Sat 31st May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well the masochist in me is so thrilled to have the BES 1.0 911 GT3 RSR to drive again instead of the GTE version. The latter being soooo easy to drive I managed m first RD RF2 win in one of the the Silverstone practice races. It was a case of reducing rear grip and increasing front grip as much as possible to tame the inherent understeer from massive rear grip.

The former is intoxicatingly challenging and realistic.
I did spend 6 1/2 years selling Porsche cars and have had the good fortune to drive several models on the race track and some Iconic ones on the road (GT3, 993 Turbo S the most memorable) and did own a 1981 911 SC so can speak with some authority on this car.

I am most likely racing in LMP1 but never drove this track so wanted to play in the 911 to learn it.

I have just had so much fun at Circuit de La Sarthe.
With my 911 GTE setup the car just wanted to swap ends under brakes which is exactly what happens IRL with a 911 if you dont keep that rear mounted engine perpendicular to the braking forces.
My favourite metaphor is to imagine balancing a hammer on your hand with the head uppermost. Move your hand sideways and gravity will make the hammer head (the engine) overtake the handle (the rest of the chassis). Double gravity (braking) but keep it all in line and no problems.

So anyway by increasing diff lock on coast side. Lowering rear slow bump shocks and increasing front ones, then lowering rear ARB and increasing front I managed to increase rear stability and grip and reduce front grip and I finally stopped the front end from writing cheques the rear end couldn't cash. The car is now drivable.
As this is a club event I wont post lap times but this setup process gained me 12 seconds (on where my lap times stabilised after the initial tentative laps).

If you are frustrated and annoyed by the formerly easy GTE and want to try to give the BES 1.0 a go at Lemans I am happy to share my current setup. Send me a pm and its yours.

Once again I will write the disclaimer that I'm still a learner on Rf2 and not especially fast very often. But I love the engineering side so I write these little pieces.
Peace out.

edit
Ill put current setup here for BES1 911 GT3 RSR
https://www.dropbox.com/s/la7ww6ksy3d6mda/911 test3LemansBEST.svm

Last edited:
I've got a little problem in turn 1:
I've had that at least 3 times now, not as bad as this one but it couln't definatly ruin someones race.

I kept completely on the road, just had another example should I post it here as well? or maybe with another camera?

Did you also use the Porsche?

Also do you guys drive over the curb or stay completly on the road when it happens?

(Trying to find out if it's related to the car or track)

yes the porsche......Also i test for FPS and put 30 AI.....when AI (or me) pass the curb, the car sometime just bump and sometime it spin (like in the video)

I saw this problem only on my car (porsch).

Sign me up please. GTE Porsche
Paul just so you are aware I think the Mod is the
Did you also use the Porsche?

Also do you guys drive over the curb or stay completly on the road when it happens?

(Trying to find out if it's related to the car or track)
I have felt something there and bounced off it a few times when very near the kerb. Also in the 911
You need to be be on a very nice line very tight to kerb so I'm pretty safe most laps:redface:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back