AC [1h race] GT3 @ Imola - Thu 19 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Games stalled on me early on. I rejoined but I might have been 4 or 5 laps down at that stage. I don't know if I made it out of last place.

Was in to test the hard tire on SLS. Race was only 50ish minute long, I hoped it would be 60. Amazingly the tire was on 100% wear for first 18 laps. I wondered is the tire wear was off. However, 7 laps later it dropped to 98% which was weird. It's like a gentle tire drop off after half an hour then.

The guys were very generous with blue flag situation. And sorry to the McLaren guy who i tapped out of T1. I tried to jink to the left, but yea.. sry again for that.
I noticed the most let me go out of the corner, when I was very very close. Kind of nice. Some other guys were doing it before the corner, also very generous of you. Thank you.

My hands/arms/legs ache. I forgot how exhausting 1 hour events are.
Sorry for causing the incident on the first lap, but on the hairpin before the back straight someone turned into me when I was on the inside (as in, almost half the car on the kerb), so I spun. Awareness does wonders guys!
After that, and a few going-offs because of now-cold tyres, I was dead last. But lo and behold, somehow by the end of the race I clawed back to 12th. I had a few great battles either behind or in the middle of some trains. I apologize for hitting someone on the back chicane, I missed my braking zone because of trying to overtake someone (I did give your place back though!).
But man, that was probably my second most action-packed race, second only to the Brands Hatch GT2/3 event a month or two ago.
Good race guys.
Edit: Just watching my replay, saw a fair few examples of track cutting, try to keep at least two wheels within the white lines guys. Saw all four tyres of cars a good 1-3 meters off the track a bunch of times.

Last edited:
Yup, good race and quite exhausting. Was chasing @Tomi Manninen in the first half of the race and the second half was always checking my mirrors whether him and @Henri Sinik were catching up. I'm totally wrecked right now.

Also, good job on the backmarkers... would have liked some more attention during the Quali, but overall very well behaved :thumbsup:

No thanks I contribute by not using addblock, I don't have that kind of money to spare.
i don't have more money to spare on racing games but if you want good clean racing and you do play regularly, it's kind of worth it.
yesterday i wanted to try Spa a bit on a public server. i couldn't even get out of the pits, no one could. one moron was blocking the exit and constantly hitting people.

i don't have more money to spare on racing games but if you want good clean racing and you do play regularly, it's kind of worth it.
yesterday i wanted to try Spa a bit on a public server. i couldn't even get out of the pits, no one could. one moron was blocking the exit and constantly hitting people.
It's fine, I've gotten use to idiots online I'm usually up the front end anyway. Plus I've signed up to a couple of free leagues now including ACRL over on reddit.

This was very boring race for me. Think I was alone with my 1 stop strategy.
After my stop dropped to 8th place with no one near me behind or front. So basicly drove by myself to the finish :) Tried only after the race difference in laptimes between mediums and hards. With my experience and with SLS it's not much and hardly noticeable. So again a bit of knowledge to try to remember. This was my first touch with these GT3 cars, but propably not last ;)
@Niki Đaković you had a great run, and really really fast times. Deep bow to your direction. It's allways nice to have someone in a race who shows how fast these can be driven... respect man :)

This was very boring race for me. Think I was alone with my 1 stop strategy.
After my stop dropped to 8th place with no one near me behind or front. So basicly drove by myself to the finish :) Tried only after the race difference in laptimes between mediums and hards. With my experience and with SLS it's not much and hardly noticeable. So again a bit of knowledge to try to remember. This was my first touch with these GT3 cars, but propably not last ;)
@Niki Đaković you had a great run, and really really fast times. Deep bow to your direction. It's allways nice to have someone in a race who shows how fast these can be driven... respect man :)
Thanks man. Dunno if you noticed, but I just posted a guide from this combo on Assetto Corsa part of this forum. Take a look. I hope it speeds up your progress.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back