1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The massive front aero bias is intended. The rear wing did very little and most of the cars aero came from the front. This was the case with all FWD cars. The E36 coming up soon will have a more even split. I don't have the figures in front of me but I think the Nissan has about a 75% bias front. Expect the E36 to have maybe a 60% bias front as having a more balanced aero profile was much more important with a RWD car. On the real Primera the rear wing only really worked when the car was in yaw. When in a straight line it produced very little downforce. We tried to do something to replicate this but it just didn't work. You would need to have a low - high - low aero profile where the downforce started very low with the car on the straight, then spiked when the car turned, then dropped off again if the car exceeded a certain yaw angle (and then spun).

In terms of the off throttle oversteer, I'll echo the words of David Leslie for the driving style. "Get the braking done, start to turn in early and get back on the throttle as soon as you can, way before the apex. Then slide the car around using the throttle" (Paraphrasing). I can post a video of one of my laps of it helps.

Nailed it @Ben Lee :thumbsup:

Best example for the Front Biased Aero was Audi back in 97 when they indroduced the first FWD A4.
The Quattro had a more balanced Aero Package on it like the BMW because of the 4WD.
Through the Season they created new Front Splitters to generate Downforce and put almost every kilo they got towards the front of the car because the car understeered like a tank.
A FWD car is understeery a.F. and that is the reason why every FWD Touring car is so twitchy. They need the best turn in possible and that oversteer only happens if you lift of the throttle completly in a corner.

So never lift of!
Stay on the throttle! 3-5% are enough to stabelize the car.

Also this car is very stable ;) the last availabe version was so tailhappy that you couldn't catch it sometimes but this version is how you want it!
Happy at the rear but not to happy :)
The rear helps you to turn in and i love it :thumbsup:
Many thanks for your explantions. Both of you :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great info! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it. I haven't driven it in quite a while and I struggled mightily to make two clean laps at Brands as I spun out multiple times :D I know FWD cars are light in the rear off throttle but this one caught me off guard.

I just did 15 or so laps at Brands after my last post. Yeah when you get it figured out, it's so much fun.

On top of that, seeing the incredible model work in the interior with VR is amazing! Good stuff Patrik!

This is the best mod ever made, it's so much fun! Would love to see all the cars in the 98 season be done, if that's possible?

Great work.

I tried the latest version of this mod and it is brilliant, great model, sound and physics. One problem though, after running a couple of 17 AI car races ar Cadwell Park, there was a huge 5.6GB log.txt file in my AC documents folder. It was so large I could not even open it, but the error.txt file did list

INIReader: content/cars/nissan_primera_btcc/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS

I tried the latest version of this mod and it is brilliant, great model, sound and physics. One problem though, after running a couple of 17 AI car races ar Cadwell Park, there was a huge 5.6GB log.txt file in my AC documents folder. It was so large I could not even open it, but the error.txt file did list

INIReader: content/cars/nissan_primera_btcc/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
will have a look

so yep, some errors in the log.txt
this one is being shown over and over, which is what would make the log file get out of control
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/nissan_primera_btcc/data/)

is it just me or is there no sound for backfires? I was adding some lines to sound.ini but not sure if that's what screwed it up now

Last edited:
alrite, so thanks to the guys on AC forums, they were able to point us in good direction about the log.txt errors, and it has been fixed now

we're looking into some physics tweak and would like to re-release update soon, so that everyone gets new version
tweaks will also include a little more aero balance towards rear of the car, making it bit more stable, but we don't want to loose the edgyness of it, since that's what makes it real fun when driving on limit

no ETA on release though

it will also include some slight visual tweaks, such as the driver in VR, slightly darker labels in cockpit, brighter brake/rear lights

Love the car, but what are the chances of a template being released so we can make our own skins? Takes a long time to edit a current texture! But massive thumbs up for the car itself, brings back memories of Toca!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%