1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996/1997 F1?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by bgil66, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hi just wondering if there is one out there for 1996 or 1997 F1 season. Did a search but no luck, maybe looking in wrong places. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. thank you troy, will check it out

3. It is actually a great mod for rFactor. But I have not been able to convert it over to GSC using "the tool". If anyone can get it converted please post. Here is a link to another 1996/97 mod. I have both in rF but can only get this one to convert successfully.

Edit: For some reason I cannot post the link I wanted to. I have tried 3 times, but to no avail. The mod I am referring to is over at f1classic in the Open Wheel Cars section.

I prefer the HV one however

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Fail

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. hex

hex

6. Do you have a link Troy? I have both mods and the HV version is definitely better. Better sounds, better cockpits and better physics. However I'm not sure the version of the GPteam mod is the same as the one you posted. If it is that much better, please post a link.

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

7. The link i posted has the download in it but the mod crashes if you try to convert it to GSC with grumbels tool.

8. hex

hex

What are you talking about?! HV version uses either default rFactor FBMW sounds or the ones converted from F1C9902 for every car, cockpits have worse LED and Motecs, and the physics are bad. The one I mentioned has proper sounds for each car (this solely makes that mod the better one), correct steering wheels (for example Jean Alesi used ROUND steering wheel in his car while his teammate modern one). I made whole new T-cams to match the real-life ones.

I even downloaded HV mod again, and I simply can't understand how on earth can you even say that HV is better... :confused:

frapp: see what you (I believe this was you) wrote at F1Classic about gpteam's mod:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  9. There were Several add-ons that redeemed the HV version. All gussied up, I like the HV version.

10. hex

hex

Yes, there were rainmaker's updates, but none included new sounds nor fixing cockpits, so your saying "better sounds, better cockpits" is pure... lie. You're misleading the users, because all the links to HV version provide none of those updates aswell.

//off this debate, I said enough.

11. "A pure... lie?" Thant's a bit harsh and unwarranted. I have both on my hard drive right now. I have done back to back comparisons within the last two days. And, I prefer the HV version, as it is modded on my computer, over the GP Team version. Cockpits ARE better (more detailed) and I prefer the sounds. There are different sounds for all teams. So what if those sounds are from F1C? A job well done is a job well done. What you quoted does not apply to a comparison of the two mods. It is my objective assessment of one mod. So, it in NO way contradicts my statements here. It is all a moot point however, as the HV version does not convert. I'm not misleading anybody. I was simply giving my opinion of a comparison between the two mods. I apologize if my assessment upsets you or runs counter to your "final word". Now, why would I post links to updates for a mod for a different game that can't be converted. Seems to me, that would be confusing to all the good people you are trying to protect from me. And, I'm sure you of all people are aware that those updates are available from TrippTeam.

12. HV vs GPTeam

Benetton Cockpit_HV .JPG Benetton Cockpit_HV .JPG Benetton Cockpit_GPTeam.JPG

13. hex

hex

Couple of most important things must be straighten up for the final time, since some people already disliking my posts - like what I was saying was wrong, awful or misleading in any way. I am only presenting simple facts...

Sure, there are more things in the cockpit like buttons made with with really crappy resolution (like this one taken from your screenshot):
    [​IMG]
    ...and LEDs with black square backgrounds all over the place:

GPTeam:
    [​IMG]
    HV:
    [​IMG]

Helmets are also prettier in GPTeam's mod:
    GPTeam:
    [​IMG]
    HV:
    [​IMG]

Also, there are wing upgrades available for cars like Arrows or Ferrari in GPTeam's mod.

Let's be friends here - after all that was your personal opinion, yes, so I apologize if I went a bit harsh, mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. and yes sounds (with the exception of wolferl) are the best f1 v10 (and some v8's) available

15. Of course friends. Hex, you contribute so much to this and many other communities. I may disagree with you at times, but that in NO way means I don't have great respect and appreciation for you and your work. When one has been around sim racing for years, there are certain names that one sees here and there and recognizes as one of "The Guys". And you certainly do have major name recognition. And, actually the black backgrounds of the HV LEDs, are easier for me to see (high contrast). There are pluses and minuses with both mods. So, it kind of evens out. Thank you for the "offered hand".

• Like Like x 1