• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

1992 - BMW M3 @ Sachsenring

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Tim Cannon, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +44
    My lap is 1.23.428

DTM 92 BMW M3 Sachsenring.jpg

Edit: Okay....this should be acceptable

BMW M3 Sport Evolution - Sachsenring Setup.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff

Ratings:
    +5
    badass driving mate as well as badass cutting turn 10 ;).
    you can avoid that and stay on the throttle when you use the outer curbs after turn 9 to turn your car into turn 10... works pretty well but needs some practice and of course some balls :).
    it even might be quicker as you will have a better corner out speed for the downhill straight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +44
    You're, surprisingly, the 1st one to mention this. I thought i was gonna be crucified when I posted it. I'm not proud of that and I will make it right. This is the 1st setup I posted and it was the 1st time I felt like I discovered a good setup. I wanted to get it out there, but I wanted to be honest about how I got my time. Always meant to return and beat that lap, but I kept putting it off cuz I thought nobody cared.

4. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff

Ratings:
    +5
    i did not want you to justify your driving or anything like that :).
    tbh i did and do cut that corner in 30 to 50% of all cases, because i find it pretty hard to catch it properly and it does not always work out for me.

5. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    I care, so fix it, lol. This is why I will never race Tim on this track, specially in the DTM92 cars, me and the Mercedes dont stand a chance :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +44
    I tried to fix it, but I made it worse :redface: got down to 1.23.314 but I cut the corner again. Idiot! I shouldn't have finished that lap. Now I need a 1.23.2 to make it right. I vow to fix it.

Thank you, James, for allowing me to have this car and track. You can have the rest...oh wait, you already do :)

Edit: I tweaked the setup and got a new time. see OP for video and setup. I hope this meets your standards, Mr Nance :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015