1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

1992 - BMW M3 @ Sachsenring

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Tim Cannon, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon
    Premium Member

My lap is 1.23.428

DTM 92 BMW M3 Sachsenring.jpg

Edit: Okay....this should be acceptable

BMW M3 Sport Evolution - Sachsenring Setup.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. badass driving mate as well as badass cutting turn 10 ;).
    you can avoid that and stay on the throttle when you use the outer curbs after turn 9 to turn your car into turn 10... works pretty well but needs some practice and of course some balls :).
    it even might be quicker as you will have a better corner out speed for the downhill straight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon
    Premium Member

You're, surprisingly, the 1st one to mention this. I thought i was gonna be crucified when I posted it. I'm not proud of that and I will make it right. This is the 1st setup I posted and it was the 1st time I felt like I discovered a good setup. I wanted to get it out there, but I wanted to be honest about how I got my time. Always meant to return and beat that lap, but I kept putting it off cuz I thought nobody cared.

4. i did not want you to justify your driving or anything like that :).
    tbh i did and do cut that corner in 30 to 50% of all cases, because i find it pretty hard to catch it properly and it does not always work out for me.

5. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium Member

I care, so fix it, lol. This is why I will never race Tim on this track, specially in the DTM92 cars, me and the Mercedes dont stand a chance :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon
    Premium Member

I tried to fix it, but I made it worse :redface: got down to 1.23.314 but I cut the corner again. Idiot! I shouldn't have finished that lap. Now I need a 1.23.2 to make it right. I vow to fix it.

Thank you, James, for allowing me to have this car and track. You can have the rest...oh wait, you already do :)

Edit: I tweaked the setup and got a new time. see OP for video and setup. I hope this meets your standards, Mr Nance :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015