1991 F1 cars...paddle or H shifter?

I'm setting up a 1991 F1 offline solo series using the ASR cars (Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Benetton...can't wait for the Jordan). I have all the tracks except Phoenix, so I've substituted Road America for that. I've created a set of drivers and am progressing through making skins for each. I'm almost ready to start the season. But it occurred to me...did the 1991s use H or paddle? I've tried searching to find the answer and it appears Ayrton Senna ran the McLaren with an H in 1991 (possibly the last year for it in that car). But I'm not entirely sure. I randomly drew the McLaren as my car and I've reskinned it with logos from my world (e.g. Sun Microsystems, Blanton's Bourbon, #69, etc.). I prefer the H even though it slows me down significantly. I know I can do whatever I want, but I'd like to try out being historical. So....H or paddle for the 1991 McLaren?

Ferrari had been using sequentials gearboxes since 1989 and Williams introduced the paddleshift in 1991. But if you want the full-on sim, you need to flip a coin on whether your gearbox will break halfway through the race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back