1979 Classic GP Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my sponsor income wont happen, i got money to be at the race, without income... no real good upgrade nothing will happen so dont really sure performance based on 1979 will help for the future....
It was just one race. There are 14 more to go. Just look at what Mass did in his Rebaque. 3 points after having to go through pre-qualifying. Everything is possible. You have a long-term project in your hands but that doesn't mean you couldn't get the occasional hotspot of luck.

It was just one race. There are 14 more to go. Just look at what Mass did in his Rebaque. 3 points after having to go through pre-qualifying. Everything is possible. You have a long-term project in your hands but that doesn't mean you couldn't get the occasional hotspot of luck.

3 quarter of the grid get failure lolll

but still not able to get the race, still useless to be in the championship

The average amount of finishers in 1979 was 11.1 per race. So the 11 finishers in the first race of this game was spot-on realistic ;)

i mean it normal he got good performance, still thinking should everyone start equal, even the team name, the only value need to be pointed is driver skill we contracted and engine supplier with our research... presently... Ensign wont be never able to climb up, will be always or pratically same team will earn everything

so basically i seriously thinking to get out of the game if something else happen to be fair at the start, need to be the manager skill to let his team be a winner, not the history even if next season its will be something else, the base still not fair

i mean it normal he got good performance, still thinking should everyone start equal, even the team name, the only value need to be pointed is driver skill we contracted and engine supplier with our research... presently... Ensign wont be never able to climb up, will be always or pratically same team will earn everything
A bit early to make such a prediction, isn't it?

so basically i seriously thinking to get out of the game if something else happen to be fair at the start, need to be the manager skill to let his team be a winner, not the history even if next season its will be something else, the base still not fair
I don't have anything to say. By signing up you confirmed you understood the rules of the game.

I can honestly say things will change. I simulated many seasons when I tested the game mechanics and the results varied a lot. All I can say to you is I hope you won't give up just yet. It was just one race. Take the pre-season test as an example: your driver Colombo beat Brabham's Patrese there. Everything is possible, you just have to accept the fact you have the Minardi of 1979 in your hands.

I don't have anything to say. By signing up you confirmed you understood the rules of the game.

I can honestly say things will change. I simulated many seasons when I tested the game mechanics and the results varied a lot. All I can say to you is I hope you won't give up just yet. It was just one race. Take the pre-season test as an example: your driver Colombo beat Brabham's Patrese there. Everything is possible, you just have to accept the fact you have the Minardi of 1979 in your hands.

They wont do the pre qualif, me and two other team we need it... so LESS chance to do the races

Well, wasn't expecting Emerson to score points, but fantastic effort from him to do so, showing why he was a former champion.
We'll look to build from this

1979 Brazilian Grand Prix

Pre-qualifying
Friday morning pre-qualifying was run in sunny conditions. From the go it was clear that the experienced duo of Regazzoni and Mass were the favourited to lead their teams to the qualifying session and they duly delivered. Ensigns were once again sent packing early.

1KARSINTA.jpg

Qualifying

Ferrari was dominant again as Reutemann took his second pole of the season with Jones locking the front row for the Maranello team. Renaults were in surprisingly good form, they locked the second row. Pironi was once again the faster Tyrrell taking fifth ahed Daly and Ligier's much improved Patrick Tambay. Both Williams's improved a lot too from Argentina: Piquet in 8th and de Angelis in 10th with Fittipaldi splitting them raised their expectations of a good race.
James Hunt was a formidable 11th beating his young Dutch team-mate by over 2,5 seconds. Lammers apparently had some problems with his car and didn't qualify for the race. Other slight disappointments were Scheckter (13th), Lauda (16th) and Rosberg (19th). Rupert Keegan, who finished third in the season opener was also well off the pace in 20th.

1AIKAAJO.jpg

Race
The start of the race was messy. Patrese and Gaillard made contact in the first corner collecting de Villota and Mass with them. All four had to retire. Reutemann took the lead as expected and Jones challenged him early on. Villeneuve was in third place ahead of Pironi who had made a great start, overtaking Arnoux. Daly was battling hard with Fittipaldi for sixth.

After the first few laps the race was quite an uneventful one. In the back Scheckter, Rosberg, Regazzoni and Piquet had to retire due to technical problems. Jones joined them near the halfway point of the race due to transmission problems. Fittipaldi took fifth place briefly but had to let Daly past when his engine began to overheat. The Brazilian had to retire five laps before finish.

It was Carlos Reutemann though who continued his fine form by taking his second consecutive victory. Gille Villeneuve took second for Renault with Didier Pironi completing the podium line-up after a good drive. Derek Daly was fourth taking following the great second-place finish in Brazil. Elio de Angelis and Patrick Tambay battled for fifth all the way to the finish but in the end it was the Italian youngster to take fifth and two points for Williams. Tambay's sixth place earned Ligier their first point of the season. Surprise third of the Brazilian GP, Rupert Keegan, never had the same speed as in Brazil but kept his car out of trouble and got himself a decent seventh and loads of experience.

1KISA.jpg

- - - - -

The development market for the second race is open! You have until Wednesday 18:00 EEST to make/modify your you investments.

The discussions have been updated with development info and budgets.

arr_logo.gif

shame we got collected in that incident, another race with no points. Hopefully the new chassis will be a step-up! It'll be ready really soon :D

upVfcnu.png

Ferrari and Renault seem to be way ahead at the moment, especially in qualifying. Didier did well to get 5th, Jody's performance was disappointing. It seems that he still needs time to adjust to the car.
Cracking race result for Didier, the podium was just what we needed. However we still need to work on the reliability of our car. The only positive about Jody's retirement is that it wasn't from a promising position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back