1978: Patrick Depailler fearlessly drives in wet weather.

Sure, that's not what I call dancing, that's just losing grip and saving it, it's not a way to go around a corner like it was.

Also, it mostly happens in the wet, and at low speed so the downforce doesn't snap the car around.

And by the way, MSC doesn't have Ferrari licking his boots anymore, and he is probably struggling because he can't use his beloved driving aids anymore.

No it´s not. That´s pure and simple power steering. Which can be heard by Hamilton´s throttle inputs by keeping the rear end at an angle and you also have proof in the massive tire marks Koba landed as he blew past the camera.

Doesn´t matter, Schumacher did not go to Ferrari on pure luck or by driving aids. If you took the time and look through some of his telemetry data you would find that he is indeed a very special driver with a very special driving style.

Do you know what he´s known for? Steering the car with the rear end while cornering i.e exactly like the boys in the old days.

It also seems while looking at your TV that the cars go on rails but the reality is far from it. The cars are moving around quite a bit.

I think the main difference is that back in those days you could see the driving styles of different drivers on the track with your eyes. Nowadays you can see this only if you have the telemetry data and those drifts (Hamilton in Malaysia) are caused by mistakes or wet track. I believe all of you have watched the Senna pole lap in Adelaide with the Lotus. The car is dancing like hell and he takes some corner like a rally driver. Today this is just impossible cause it's slow and the amount of downforce will never allow you to dance the car in fast corners.

They were until the final pitstop at each race when they filled up the water tanks for the water injection system with lead shot and water. They were found to have used unsecured ballast along with illegal holes in the bottom of the car. They were also the only non-turbo car that year.

The tyres themselves are more than capable to take away the water we have seen bringing out red flags many many times. However, because of the parc-fermè rules, and most races are forcasted to be dry (or changable) there are much to loose to make an actualy wet-setup. If the parc-fermè had been cancelled totally when it is lots of rain, you probably wouldn't see too much problems. But with the cars set up to run as low as possible in dry. It don't take much water to get under the car, and make the plank to a boat, and when that happens, you can use as much monsoon tyres you want, it will still aquaplane.

They aren´t because like you said, the cars aqua plane. Monsoon tires however are specifically designed to raise the car with more then 10mm and continue races that were not possible to continue in with regular tires.

They are designed to do exactly that thing. Suzuka 2010 would have been ideal for a monsoon tire.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%