1971 Chevrolet Impala

KS95

RACER Moderator
Hey. This is the Mod Team's current WIP project, the 1971 Chevrolet Impala. The model is being converted from a GTA game.

We plan on doing these engine variants for it:
  • 250 cu in (4.1 L) 250 Inline Six
  • 350 cu in (5.7 L) Turbo Fire V8
  • 400 cu in (6.6 L) Turbo Fire V8
  • 402 cu in (6.6 L) Turbo-Jet 400 V8
  • 454 cu in (7.4 L) Turbo-Jet V8

Hopefully it will have accurate physics, nice interior and eventually a CG-Shader. Unfortunately, I have accidentally let an early beta (if that!) out.. somehow accidentally uploaded it to FileFront..

Updates soon. :p

PS: I've got permission from the same author to convert his 1974 Ford Capri RS Cosworth.. yum. :tongue:

Citronized: Haven't got pictures just yet, I'd rather wait until we get it looking decent. Which is what I'm doing at the moment, retexturing.

And Luke - I don't think we're at beta yet, Cobra was the only one who did some work on it since RSC.. but we'll get there eventually :p

hmmm Any news on this wonderful project? i was hoping to see a beta by now anyway ood work so far guys looking good im slowly working up to starting on my thunderbird should have it best ready in about million and 26 years by my self XD

Don't think so. I haven't done work on it for a while, don't think anyone else has either.

Btw: I haven't seen Cobra in ages!

wow seems a shame well i am hoping to get my thuunderbird to even SHow up in racer i just went and cleaned up my picture and sound mule yesterday to make Nice textures and all but i Acaully dont know what i need as far as stuff goes anyone care to offer assistance and instructions i will gladly provide al the requested things and i have a free 3d model also if you have any sounds or torque curves for the engines i mean lol ill gladly use them if you like and put them in one of my chev projects im considering doing

Hmm, doubtful. Life's too busy and stressful at the moment. I was planning on doing some retexturing so that it's completed visually. Then I can move onto finishing the physics. PM me with them, would be very greatfull to see :)

@ KS95: where did we leave off? What was I doing to it? :confused:

I had also had to delete many files, some Racer, (like almost 2GB) back in February. I may have lost the project car. I also lost many Mustangs. It was a sad day.
The good news is that the old Dell survived...lol! I had also lost web addresses, some things (Google Chrome, Java crap)...and it works a little better now.
But I am here to help finish this car, and did I send you any GTA cars to be converted? Well the might be SA cars....anyhoo from another platform to convert to Racer's platform?

Haha, god knows, too long ago xD

I saved up my monies and got a new PC, so I can run CG shaders, on a good day. Problem is I'm stuck on linux, which means I can't really convert, not from GTA anyway :/

I'll have to get the Impala off the old dell, I don't have it on here yet.

@Splashonda, would you interested in joining the team? I'm going to make a thread about it and "restart" the team, hopefully with better set-out roles, making it simples :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%