1970's Performance Mustangs

Cars 1970's Performance Mustangs 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm late getting around to reviewing the first release, but I like it overall. Others have noted things and I know you're addressing them, but I'd like to add that in my opinion it corners too flat, only a couple inches of body roll, like it's got super-thick swaybars.

Joshua Widder updated 1970's Performance Mustangs with a new update entry:

Braking the Car in

-Updated tires aligning the performance closer to brake tests without sacrificing the general characteristics.
-Updated brakes with noticeable fade, especially the drum rears
-Fixed hole in hood of 429
-Driver animation issue fixed
-Template added(let me know if you need anything else)
-Increased FFB in the Boss cars
-Dash Camera removed from within the dash and is now placed on top of the dash
-Various little bug fixes here and there.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The stopping distance is inbetween two real world tests now :p

Car & Driver 80-0 mph - 90 m
AC 96% grip - 70 m

Motor Trend 60-0 mph - 34 m
AC 96% grip - 39 m

Better to be the spam in a real world sandwich than a slice of simulated bread :cautious:
Just goes to show making mods of classic cars with different testing methods is never a simple process, more tweaks will most likely come when more information is found.
Yeah not much to do if it stops slower than one real world test and faster than another. Somewhere in the middle is as good as can be done really. The Car & Driver article mentioned they only locked up (the rear) on one of the stops, as I said in the PM, maybe the driver was being a little cautious (or it is marginal whether it locks up or not at full braking.) Doing the AC tests it seems like the car stops better with some lock ups than it does when you stay just below that point. I had a few 90 m stops when I was keeping it from locking up.

Also with brake fade being such a prevent thing in a car weighing over one and a half tons with drums and with dinky to be honest calipers for the front discs I am not too surprised as not all tests mention if brakes were at optimal temp or far past...

Just a minor thing amongst the more important physics talk but the driver animation issue still remains for the mach 1 versions. Something to include in your next update. Not worthy of an update on its own.

Found my issue with the FFB and it's caused by the FFB Clip app. For some reason with the Boss 429, the app turns the in-game FFB for that car to 0. I can put the app in manual mode, turn the FFB up to 100 and then it feels great. No idea why it's doing that though.

Great work @Joshua Widder.
I haven't had much time to really test all the versions thoroughly yet, will give you a review when I do...

However these Mustangs really seem to suit my tracks really well during testing.
Screenshot_ford_mustang_boss_302_pacific_coast_18-2-118-4-4-30.jpg

Many thanks for making these awesome cars :)

I love those classic Mustangs. Regarding the stripes flickering during replays, Have you tried making the hood stripes a separte mesh object? I was wondering if you would consider maybe making the current gen Shelby GT350R by any chance... And many thanks once again for the awesome Mustangs :)

@Phoenix77 Glad you are enjoying them :)
And the strips are a separate object, that is why they flicker, it is a z-fighting issue when objects are only 2mm or so apart, I will be looking into fixing the issue in LOD's in the future. And no, I have little interest in modeling modern cars, so I will not be doing the GT350R.

Hi Joshua,

I want to do a ratty skin for the Boss 429. I've tested a couple of textures on this car and it has so much potential.

7y0DTFM.jpg

Just a texture test... Not even close to the beginnings of a final upload.
I have two questions before I continue though:

1. Is there a normal map I can edit/create... and if so, what's the filename?
  2. How do I remove the BOSS 429 logos from the quarter panels?

Z-Fighting is a right pain in the....... There's the same issue with tracks... The road side transistions are floating 0.5cm above the terrain, so at distance the same flickering occurs.

I know very little about car modding, so excuse me if I'm not talking sense..
But from all the car templates I've seen, wouldn't it be easier to have those stripes in with the car colour texture... and if you want it matt stripes... use a spec map?

It means having larger skins, not just a body colour dds... but would get rid of the flickering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back