1970's Performance Mustangs

Cars 1970's Performance Mustangs 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
I did some straight line performance tests vs the data in this article, the braking performance is too good compared to the car and driver test.

https://www.caranddriver.com/compar...-chevelle-plymouth-duster-340-comparison-test

Car and driver Mustang Boss 302:

1/4 mile - 14.93 @ 93.45 mph

80-0 mph - 90.2 m

Lime Rock lap time - 1:12.35 (will the Lime Rock mod have a relevant layout to compare with this?)

AC Mustang Boss 302:
The setup is default for all tests. I tried not to shift too fast for the 1/4 mile.

1/4 mile (97% grip) - 14.85 @ 96.9 mph
20180211121534_1.jpg

1/4 mile (99% grip) - 14.77 @ 97.3 mph
20180211121707_1.jpg

80-0 mph (97% grip & full brakes) - 65.7 m
20180211115754_1.jpg

80-0 mph (99% grip & full brakes) - 65.4 m
20180211115842_1.jpg

80-0 mph (97% grip & brake modulation) - 65.6 m
20180211120719_1.jpg

80-0 mph (99% grip & brake modulation) - 64.8 m
20180211120204_1.jpg

It is great that the rears lock as described in the real world tests. They also mention the steering is very heavy and kicks hard over bumps and stuff, maybe the FFB could do with being a bit heavier ingame?

Last edited:
I will look into the brakes, the problem is Mau,my I have been the tires I think, they are really wide for belted due to the polyglas tech, and th I am little bit lost when it comes to modding the tires. Also brake force was attempted using math and some assumptions so ill redo that with more attention.

Hood scoop bug is now on the list thank you

Hmm thats odd. I installed by dragging and dropping the whole .rar, so never really had the opportunity to do mess it up. Will try it again just incase something went wrong.

Edit*

Well on second reinstall via CM drag.drop, I have 2 errors regarding the parents :roflmao: Guessing there is no issue with the mod then, and in fact a bug with CM.

CM has been acting up for me the past week. I was getting the same parent issue until I extracted them in my downloads folder and then manually dropped them into CM myself. Had other issues with skins not wanting to delete, etc.

I guess a combination of both brake and tyre changes will be needed to make it that much slower under braking. It needs that rear lock up under heavy braking so needs brakes strong enough to break traction. I guess setting the brake strength so it just locks the rears at 95-100% braking and then make up the difference with the tyres. It is good info so something to work with atleast.

Hmm thats odd. I installed by dragging and dropping the whole .rar, so never really had the opportunity to do mess it up. Will try it again just incase something went wrong.

Edit*

Well on second reinstall via CM drag.drop, I have 2 errors regarding the parents :roflmao: Guessing there is no issue with the mod then, and in fact a bug with CM.
I had this issue and all I did was close CM and open it back up and the error was gone.

Well thank you for your honest feedback, I will continue to strive for laser scan performance with my hands, eyes, and time, though it may take awhile ;) In all honesty I understand it is not Kunos standard quality, I am a hobbyist who does this for fun and love of the 70's American cars. I simply am providing this to others out of a desire to not hog the enjoyment I have from these vehicles. Without A3DR this mod would not look as good as it does today as I have only this project of experience in texturing and shader work. I would not personally suggest you ever expect Kunos quality from me. I will continuously attempt as in everything I do, to improve my skills and perfect my methods.

Feeling little to no FFB in the Boss 429 when I tried it at Bridgehampton. I also see the same steering ratio issue as mentioned above by @ltcars

Great work so far!

I made sure it wasn't something in my settings by driving a Kunos car afterwards and it was fine then. I tried the Boss 302 and it still has light steering but some better FFB than the 429. I know these classics have a lighter/floaty feel anyways so it isn't a deal breaker.

Well thank you for your honest feedback, I will continue to strive for laser scan performance with my hands, eyes, and time, though it may take awhile ;) In all honesty I understand it is not Kunos standard quality, I am a hobbyist who does this for fun and love of the 70's American cars. I simply am providing this to others out of a desire to not hog the enjoyment I have from these vehicles. Without A3DR this mod would not look as good as it does today as I have only this project of experience in texturing and shader work. I would not personally suggest you ever expect Kunos quality from me. I will continuously attempt as in everything I do, to improve my skills and perfect my methods.

Hah I think we'd all be extremely happy for our first mods to look nearly as good as yours. Or our second or third for that matter :)

Good for some variety though, don't see much in the way of American cars for AC, let alone from the 70s. :thumbsup:

Hi, thanks for these old bangers.
The steering is very light - perhaps you have captured the 1970s rubbish power steering accurately, so no bother there. If anything they are a bit too stable and forgiving to drive - more ponderousness please.
They appear to be on stilts in the replays, can we lower them a bit or point me to where the ride height is located in the files. Cheers.

The ride heights are correct, what you are probably seeing is the front end lift on the car under acceleration and high speeds, the thing has 350 lbs of front lift at 100 mph and with the majority of the cars having the rear wing but no front wings the lift is exasperated due to the 75 lbs of lift on the rear is mostly negated at that speed by the rear wing. In essence around 120mph the car looses the weight of the engine on the front, so go look for images of the mustangs with the engine pulled and sure enough it lifts that high. If you are mentioning the static ride height, it is the realistic as from factory ride height plus or minus a bit. The steering will be looked at for all the cars to improve with the mach 1's kept lighter for the feel of power steering and the Boss's dropped down to more manual type steering feel. Also I know there is a lot of thoughts that all American cars of this period are by and large horrible handling cars, but not all were deathtraps. The 70's mustangs were fairly stable in standard driving to a point as noticed by the mach 1's. But when some work is done to them you can actually get good performance from them like seen by the better balanced 302. Then you have the stereotypical American power before handling as shown by the Boss 429. Are they as delicate as the European cars, heck no, but they were drivable by the standard American idiot until they attempted something stupid that would overdo most cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back