Cars 1970 Mustang

For the trans am, no, the other has a base one applied to it which is actually decent so other things have priority over that at the moment. But the colliders will be made in 3ds to hopefully have more compatibility

Little bit of progress on both fronts
FydZbUe.png

Flames added
ymEkNVH.png

Current progress of the TA exterior, don't mind the rims, haven't gotten the texture made yet for them.

There seems to have been many Trans Am front spoiler arrangements, but I think you've got it lower than they could legally run with. Front edge should never be lower than the bottom of the wheel rim.

Note this one is clear plastic!

cl39LCh.png

Front edge should never be lower than the bottom of the wheel rim.

nope. (Rough, but still makes point)That is not even accounting for perspective(minimal)

FollmerMustang.jpg
1969-ford-mustang-boss-302-1970-trans-am-race-washington-2-1280x800.jpg

ParnelliJones177.jpg

Yes they used many different front wings on the car for many a number tracks, but I have chosen to model the larger one for people who like to skin to put decals on it.
Why this particular style? Well the ones that have what look like vents are not clear if there is ducting and I have not yet seen a accurate representation of this style yet with enough visual clarity to actually model it with the ambiguity of both the vents and mounting system to the chassis. Also see last answer.
My direct references where the authentic recreations by Bud Moore front wing as seen here.
Ford-Mustang-12.jpg

Ford-Mustang-4.jpg

And this one is almost perfectly in line with the tire.

As long as there is a good skin for Jerry Titus's firebird as a tribute. Also use the spec from mid season not from first few races as half of the parts were not homologated leaving it 2-3 seconds slower than the others

As long as there is a good skin for Jerry Titus's firebird as a tribute. Also use the spec from mid season not from first few races as half of the parts were not homologated leaving it 2-3 seconds slower than the others
For sure would have to be a Jerry Titus version. I just happened to see that browsing the web.

Yeah, this wing was used at riverside, and yes bent or even half wings were very common. I believe either a fire bird or camaro went half a race with only half the front wing left on the car.\
edit: photos
SPJovite4.jpg

Sam Posey's wing bent up in center probably from a curb or off road excursion of St. Jovite
SPRiverside1a.jpg

Parnelli Jones's definitely had an excursion off track
CLRoundThree2.jpg

And the Camaro with the left half removed(bottom)

Last edited:
Progress still underway, mainly physics adjustments, may be getting close to needing some beta testers for the street machines. In the meantime front spoiler updated with the vents that are for brake cooling due to the original brake ducts through the headlights being banned.
mgMfGAR.png

BkPkbFC.png

Also got around to disabling the side windows as while they were required with the ability to roll them up or down via the rules most cars ran with them open for the race for driver comfort and possibly a regulation.

Awesome work. Time that we have a classic mussle car in AC. Looks amazing.

I do know somebody who did a lot of research into the Trans AM physics. He did a lot of physics work in rFactor and also AC. So if you want some help in that department I can ask him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back