Released 1964 Austin Mini -- BETA

screenshot103.png

That's right I finally decided to release my Mini in beta form, as I wasn't really working on it much lately, and I figured its better to let all of you have a go in it, instead of it just collecting dust. The body is scratch made, by me. The wheels are by Tiberius, and the gauge is by Silver.

It does have some issues that produce Qlog errors (mainly the suspension setup I have in it). But its an 850cc 4 spd Mini, with working lights, and well I guess old school blurred wheels. Obviously since its a beta its still missing some things, mostly the interior and detail work. I have also included a psd so you can change the color, since I doubt everyone is fan of the color its currently in lol.

Anyways some more pics and the download links...

screenshot101.png

screenshot104.png

http://www.filedropper.com/austinmini_1
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B0265951424556DB!287
http://www.mediafire.com/?r31j6dpy11reaxu (Thanks KS95)
(more mirrors are appreciated)

Thanks for sharing :)
I like lights textures (i mean when the lights are on), very realistic !
The rims and the gauges are very nice too, chrome shader is great
About the car, doing several paints will be better via shader instead of textures ;) and i would say a lower "shininess" value for the body color ;)
Good luck for this :)

Well my Fanatec wheel is set to about 50% FF but only to 720 degrees.

I can't seem to get any feeling of weight shifting or loss of grip from it (not the only car), did have decent settings but they don't seem to help on the Mini :/

Just wanted to add, you've definitely captured the feeling of a Mini - it feels fast while not actually being fast. To the point where I actually checked the 0-60, and it was accurate to my friend's stock Mini :)

Susp0 and susp1 have k=10000, changing susp2 and susp3 to k=10000 (from k=1000) ixes Qlog error.
Nice job Harey!
noted and I'll try to fix that. and your comment was the one I really was fearing because i know how much you like no Qlog errors, always good to hear from you though.

Thanks for sharing :)
I like lights textures (i mean when the lights are on), very realistic !
The rims and the gauges are very nice too, chrome shader is great
About the car, doing several paints will be better via shader instead of textures ;) and i would say a lower "shininess" value for the body color ;)
Good luck for this :)
Thanks on the lights, all I really did was a Omni lighting effect with a slight yellow tint. Yeah that is another way to do several paints, might actually be easier in some ways even, the shininess seems about right to me, but i can try lower to see how it looks in comparison to a real one (I mainly don't like how yellow the sun spot is)

Just wanted to add, you've definitely captured the feeling of a Mini - it feels fast while not actually being fast. To the point where I actually checked the 0-60, and it was accurate to my friend's stock Mini :)
Yeah to me it feels like a Mini, even though I've never admittedly driven one. One of the last real adjustments I made was to the steering wheel lock to help it have a little more of a go-kart feel. Funny really that its 0-60 is even accurate, never even checked it. But I'm sure you enjoy the custom plate i put on it lol.

Yeah to me it feels like a Mini, even though I've never admittedly driven one. One of the last real adjustments I made was to the steering wheel lock to help it have a little more of a go-kart feel. Funny really that its 0-60 is even accurate, never even checked it. But I'm sure you enjoy the custom plate i put on it lol.

Haha, neither have I, I've only been a passenger and listened to my dad's tales of his 3, infact he actually had 2 at the same time, a Cooper S and 1275GT - on of which was only insured for rallying though. And yes, liked the plate ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%