18th of July speculation and Twitter conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Saleem Hodge After discovering AC I went out and spent something like $300 on a graphics card to play a single $30 dollar game. When you put it in perspective we should be paying a lot more for software as each of us would have many times that expense in the hardware side.
I know I am racing against guys with triples and shed loads of hardware.
In fact NVidia, AMD, Benq would be wise to subsidise/support studios like Kunos.

I feel your pain. AC is the reason why I bought a second GTX 780 to run in SLI.

I'd like to know how many of those "PC gaming" figures include facebook games and such like. I personally see no upward trend in hardcore PC gaming. The enthusiast computer fair I used to go to regularly is now a ghost town (I don't know how they can keep going), Dell are now using laptop parts in their smaller form factor desktops, retail shops are selling less and less desktops and more mobile hardware (laptops + tablets), no high street shops sell PC games any more etc etc.

I personally see no upward trend in hardcore PC gaming.
I have on another forum I'm part of. It's a large site with dozens and dozens of forums and you can see more and more people asking for recommendations for buying a PC. The likes of Assetto Corsa and other high end sims is convincing them to move over, the oculus rift is dragging a few over even now, I expect when it's released we'll see a big surge in PC sales.

The likes of steam sales, cheaper games over all, more hardware and control options, more weird games, there's a huge list of things PCs do that consoles won't even bother trying.

I think it might be the case that as you get older the console games just don't cut it anymore. I'm 34, I started gaming on a BBC micro, I've seen it all at this stage, I know AAA games will be all style and little substance. I don't want short gimmicky games anymore, I want something with debt that requires skill.

I'd like to know how many of those "PC gaming" figures include facebook games and such like. I personally see no upward trend in hardcore PC gaming. The enthusiast computer fair I used to go to regularly is now a ghost town (I don't know how they can keep going), Dell are now using laptop parts in their smaller form factor desktops, retail shops are selling less and less desktops and more mobile hardware (laptops + tablets), no high street shops sell PC games any more etc etc.
It's figures of how much money has been spent on gaming related hardware, I find it hard to believe that you'll find much Facebook gaming related hardware upgrades.

I think its been stated numerous times in the last year or two that PC gaming is growing. I attribute it to the fact that people have finally come to grips with DRM like Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc. Where as people fought it for years, now its becoming more accepted and people are starting to realize its not as bad as they once thought. That lead to more high profile and even lots of smaller indie games being released on Steam, Origin and Uplay which people are purchasing on sale now. I think now that the DRM battle is finally behind us, PC gamers are simply looking for a fair price now. Give us games at a fair price and we'll buy them. I can't even imagine how much revenue is made during Steam's big sales a few times per year.

@Blkout We just need good games, not advertising and recycling.
I am bored of the typical Triple AAA Games and bought only one game of them in 2013.
I found more Games in the Early Access/Indie part than on the known labels including Assetto Corsa, Next Car Game and BeamNG!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 151827

lol's! I guess someone really wants that 98t! They gave me an x for saying what i did. haha lol

I gotta say, I'm excited for the 458 gt2, HOWEVER, despite the fact I probably won't be able to keep the 98T on the track, I am so excited to give that thing a go.
Tiptoe it or it'll stick an axe in your back :cautious::D
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back