• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

180 Degrees Screen for Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by prekop racing, Dec 13, 2016.

1. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys , recently bought a Formula 1 fiberglass car (1:1 scale ), and I want to mount a 180° screen (maybe 200°) around the car. I want to play AC with this setup.

looking for a setup similar to this (with big screen)

Anyone familiar with this kind of setups or 180° screens?
    What software you recommend for warping AC game around the screen?
    How many projectors 2 or 3 (recommend projector) ?

Thanks in advance!

2. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    I have the Icarus 180 Avengar from www.simpit.co.nz
    You can get it with their own warping software. I use 2 short throw projectors. There is the possibility of Icarus 270 with 3 projectors as well.

Here a first test on mine:

• Like Like x 1
  3. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    Marcel that's an amazing setup. Tell me more about the warping process , is it difficult to get it right ?

What projectors you use?

And also, maybe a stupid question , but I am new to this 180 screen stuff, if you look to your right or left of the screen do you actually see the side view of the car , or its just the front view of the car but warped in a 180 screen?

Thanks for your time

4. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually have a oculus rift CV1 (amazing experience ), but it doesn’t fell “right” to use it seated on a f1 fiberglass, because you miss the beautiful a “real" car that its around you. Maybe it just me LOL. But I really feel the oculus is better for use on a playseat.