• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

180 Degrees Screen for Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by prekop racing, Dec 13, 2016.

1. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys , recently bought a Formula 1 fiberglass car (1:1 scale ), and I want to mount a 180° screen (maybe 200°) around the car. I want to play AC with this setup.

looking for a setup similar to this (with big screen)

Anyone familiar with this kind of setups or 180° screens?
    What software you recommend for warping AC game around the screen?
    How many projectors 2 or 3 (recommend projector) ?

Thanks in advance!

2. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium

Ratings:
    +82
    I have the Icarus 180 Avengar from www.simpit.co.nz
    You can get it with their own warping software. I use 2 short throw projectors. There is the possibility of Icarus 270 with 3 projectors as well.

Here a first test on mine:

• Like Like x 1
  3. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    Marcel that's an amazing setup. Tell me more about the warping process , is it difficult to get it right ?

What projectors you use?

And also, maybe a stupid question , but I am new to this 180 screen stuff, if you look to your right or left of the screen do you actually see the side view of the car , or its just the front view of the car but warped in a 180 screen?

Thanks for your time

4. prekop racing

prekop racing

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually have a oculus rift CV1 (amazing experience ), but it doesn’t fell “right” to use it seated on a f1 fiberglass, because you miss the beautiful a “real" car that its around you. Maybe it just me LOL. But I really feel the oculus is better for use on a playseat.