1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 Year Old Set To Be Youngest F1 Driver

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 18, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. I sense danger..
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Well, they have to break records somehow, because god know, they cant do it on the track any other way
  4. Dux

The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

I think this is very bad for F1, too much danger not for lifes but for the sport in general.

F1 has a lot of history. A lot of drivers and legends among them raced for victories and titles for glory. They all had the balls to push and the talent to do that on highest level. Danger was all around yeah, so they were mature people, mature drivers, 30 years perhaps when started racing? Talking about times of Fangio. Its very normal that as years pass by that, those boundaries will be lower and lower, in terms of youngest drivers. We saw many in the last 3 years to drive with only 19 years. By then, when i had 19, i was only able to drive my 75hp Corsa while someone else is controling a monster, and what else is more important, destroys the picture of F1. F1 isnt considered as the BEST 24 drivers on the planet? Of course there are legends out of F1, like Loeb who is i assume better than half of the legends list in F1, but my point is, if people with only 17y are entering in F1 and racing in near future, lets say on 18 years. How can be they titles as "one of the best drivers in the world"

Its bad for F1, i hope you got my point.

ps. i forgot to include money issue ... sponsors etc
  5. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I get that Sauber are in desperate need of money, but this could possibly be the worst decision they've made in a Looooooong time.
    Can't see them scoring any points next year.

He may have a wallet fatter than an elephant, but i cant help but think that 18 years of age is just too young. He'll get annihilated.
  6. Russian Mafia Comes to Mind lol
  7. Sauber mad Bro? 17-18 Year old driving for them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What's this smell?

Ah yes, it's the smell of a career being destroyed by rushing things. Or perhaps it's just my dog :rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. XD
  10. too young to.....lol at some point you have to start, but here, to the money talks sadly...
  11. ☻/ Bob does not approve
    / \
  12. You gotta like pay drivers... It's not their fault though, lucky guy, but still.

He is 8th in 3.5, meanwhile guys like Da Costa, Magnussen and Vandoorne who fight for the championship week in week out are left out.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Far too young & inexperienced. If he made the frid on talent alone I'd say fair enough, but getting in for financial reason... Not good for him, other drivers or the sport in general
  14. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

15. Report Sauber for Child labour :)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

From 8th in FR3.5 to Formula 1. Makes sense :(
  17. LOLZ
  18. I don't have a problem with his age as much as I do that he's only 8th in the Formula Renault 3.5 standings. I can understand if maybe he was at least in the top 2, but to take literally a kid, who can't even break the top five and throw them into an F1 car? I hope Sauber is at least getting paid well.
  19. :unsure:
  20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Yep thats one fine set of toys that daddy has bought for little Sergey.
    I hope the bigger boys are nice to him.