AC Time Trial: Tatuus FA01 @ Silverstone GP - Saturday 29th July 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

RasmusP

Premium
FAbarth.png

Join us for a fun 38 hours of open wheeled club racing action and setup adjustments.

Wait? What is this?
This event is meant as a hot lap competition but also as a place for everyone to come together, discussing setups, learn and practice together!
Therefore you still have to be on Teamspeak when you are on the Server to encourage others to join, no matter what time it is.

You want to discuss about setups, arrange on-track-meetings or just ask something? Reply to this thread! :)

Or do you want to race with this car in an epic, respectful ambient? Checkout the sister-amateurs-event on the following Tuesday!

Who can join?
All premium members using their full REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak
can take part in this event! Only real names will get rated in the results!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Time Trial (Tatuus FA01) #11 (online at Start time)
Cars: Tatuus FA01
Track: Silverstone GP (5901m) (24)

38 hours of Qualifying!
Completely OPEN Setup!
Cut Track:
2-wheels-out!
Driving Assists: factory, so no assists!
App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download
App: ACRL Fuel 1.2 Download
Assetto Corsa Car Setup Directory

Setup Thread For This Event

Schedule:

Saturday, 29.07.2017, 00:00 AEST - 23:59 EDT (38 hours)

GMT: Friday, 14:00 GMT - Sunday, 03:59 GMT

AEST: Saturday, 00:00 AEST - Sunday, 13:59 AEST
CEST: Friday, 16:00 CEST - Sunday, 05:59 CEST

EDT: Friday, 10:00 EDT - Saturday, 23:59 EDT

No entry list: all premiums are welcome to try their best!

The Server will shut down after the session and the results file will be taken on Monday and posted at the end of this post!

Make sure to save your fastest lap in case you're the winner or on the podium!
Go Here To See How and send it to us when your name has been announced and we notify you! If you wish you'll be then in a top 3 onboard-video, uploaded at the RD-Youtube-Channel.

Don't forget to disconnect, save your replay and rejoin before your fastest lap gets overwritten! "Replay quality = high" and "max replay size = 1000MB" will save about 50 minutes!

Also feel free to post a video of your fastest lap or the link of your stream in this thread!

May the hotlapping begin! :cool:

Congratulations to M. Car. (@BhZ) for your tremendously fast lap of 2:00.692 ! :thumbsup::confused:

Winner Setup:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...abarth-01-silverstone-gp.138743/#post-2539588

Ranking, Positions:

TimeTrial_Tatuus_Silverstone_07_2017_Positions.JPG

Ranking, Sectors (of all laps):

TimeTrial_Tatuus_Silverstone_07_2017_Sectors.JPG

Last edited:
Is it running an endless session, or will the session start over every X minutes? Only asking for the replay part, should I need it.

Is it running an endless session, or will the session start over every X minutes? Only asking for the replay part, should I need it.
One session, 38 hours :) sadly no other possibility for the automatic start and stop of the server at the moment...

Last edited:
thx a lot for the ini and the video to get a feeling what to do. But imho this lap wouldn't count (if i'm right). I don't want to flame its only a thought of what the rules for this event are.
hape

thx a lot for the ini and the video to get a feeling what to do. But imho this lap wouldn't count (if i'm right). I don't want to flame its only a thought of what the rules for this event are.
hape
The cut detection at silverstone is beyond bad and no matter what you set as cut limit or which app you use, you can't fix it...
So for this event, and this Event only I will rely on the ac cut detection as I want to see replays and videos.
But of course you should feel bad if you cut!!:cautious::p

Last edited:
@hape, thanks.
I should refrain myself to try to be helpfull next time. Lesson learn.
Nah, come on Geof :) he asked about the limits a few posts above and was thankful for your post. Don't interpret something bad into it :)
As I said to clarify: I want to see more posts like you did. Thank you very much for making the beginning. Lap cut or not, in this event the game decides that and this event is for pure fun and sharing!

So I hope for a nice atmosphere here and a lot of setups, replays and videos! :)

I've put my lap on YT if you just want to see my lines, and I've put it in my Dropbox if anyone wants to analyse it. I could probably go faster if I had more laps and my setup skills weren't a total disaster. Any tips on setup would be appreciated. I've attached my disaster of a setup, if anyone could have a look and tell me if I'm doing the right thing, I could really do with the help.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1gku9cto9zhs86/tatuusfa1_ks_silverstone_gp_290717-193218?dl=0

Attachments

• TatuusSilverstone-Softs.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
@hape, thanks.
I should refrain myself to try to be helpfull next time. Lesson learn.
hi @Geof
i'm very sorry that you interpret it this way. I find it very helpful (also the ini which nobody gives away like you). My english isn't so good to explain things in a way that the idea in my brain is here in the exact words. If you are upset it was not my intention and i have to appologize my words.
I find it very nice to see this but it was in discussion as Rasmus said so i'm sorry to have written this.
hape

hi @Geof
i'm very sorry that you interpret it this way. I find it very helpful (also the ini which nobody gives away like you). My english isn't so good to explain things in a way that the idea in my brain is here in the exact words. If you are upset it was not my intention and i have to appologize my words.
I find it very nice to see this but it was in discussion as Rasmus said so i'm sorry to have written this.
hape

:redface:
Bad mood, misreading, impulsive posting,...
I wasn't at my best yesterday. All on me.
So, sorry about that and thx for your kindness.
See you on track.

@RasmusP Replay: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai_MuetO90jlhVTsynquUkx4OQgw

There a couple of points where the tires are on the white lines (i honestly thought they were slightly before the line). I know that for this round we don't use the RD cut rule, but still wanted to let you know. In case this creates any problem, i have other laps around the 2.00.800 saved, so i can eventually upload those.

Speaking of the setup, since it's aero dependant, i don't think it's going to help in the tuesday race since the aero cannot be changed. Feel free to ask any question about it (just remember i'm no racing engineer and my changes are based on what i know, which can be wrong, and many tries).

Attachments

• 2.00.835.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 195
Rasmus, I just wanted to thank you for setting this event up for all of us to enjoy. @Andrew Scott @Leprekaun @Geof @Joseph Wright and I had a great night running and talking with one another. Turned into a mini driver academy with Geoff jumping onboard with me. Helped me gain a little more than a second:D Great community event. Loved the Time of Day you used.
I hope to see you continue thinking out of the box:thumbsup:

Cheers mate:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%