1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12th lap restart

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Nebehr, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Is there any plans to implement interim restart in the middle of the race?
  2. It was only used in 2011 or 2010 I believe but I thought it was on lap 12 the positions 1st to 5th were scored as the race continued. I didn't think there'd be a silly restart then why not have just 2 separate races?!
  3. as far as I know, it is still used in 2013. It is a regular rolling restart under safety car, only there are points for positions. Same as two-race format actually, only they never stop. To me looks like an interesting feature for the game.
  4. Read "Notes" under the table for Brazilian champ. It is referred to as scheduled yellow flag. Or, alternatively, watch a real race. :)
  5. I guess I'm blind then :confused:

But anyway I think it would be difficult to implement in FT
  6. how many minutes a race of f truck?
    are there some streeming on the web?
  7. I am unaware of any streaming sources, although there might be some that broadcast Brazilian TV channels. Also, there are certain trackers that are never supposed to be named openly but everybody knows about ;) - there are some footages
    there as well.

Here is example of race results from 2011: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1798657; as you can see, a race seems to last for exactly one hour. Taruma race this year was also one hour long (27 laps), and there was a scheduled restart too. BTW, Formula Truck is not the only series that does not give a flying hoot for archiving individual race results. Why???

I am not sure if it is difficult to implement, although I do not know much about the gMotor internals. A planned full course yellow is surely not so hard, and then all that remains is to charge some points for first 5 positions.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I cant' see the link, it requires registration, anyway thanks for info