1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

XB1 125cc Karting @ Glencairn/Chesterfield - Wedneday 3 June 2015

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Rob, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Glencairn/Chesterfield 125cc Karting Runoffs
    6/3/2015 @ 7:30pm U.S. EDT

__________________________________________________​
    We are running the first legs of the "Zero To Hero" career path as an alternative to the British GT Championship, as an ongoing test as to whether SMS has fixed online private multiplayer issues. Seats will not be limited to North American drivers only. We will try to stuff as many in the lobby as possible until we can reliably run a full lobby, then go back to the British GT season. In the meantime, let's have some fun.

All league members will get priority, however, anyone can sign up for this even. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Cars: 125cc Karts
    Tracks: Glencairn East & West / Chesterfield
    Practice: 17:00 U.S. EDT (30 minutes) (all races, with various lobby experiments)
    Races: 17:30 U.S. EDT (10 laps standing, then 15 laps) (all races)

Extra:
    • No pit strategy needed.
    • Several members are experiencing wheel ffb issues (known issue being addressed by SMS) on the Xbox, so please make sure it is working during practice and unplug/plug the USB power cable if necessary.
    • There will be no breaks in between races, other than the time needed to create a new lobby, so be sure to take your break before the racing starts.
    • Be sure to record your races so we can get an idea of how the race went.
    • League Rules apply otherwise.
    Drivers:
    1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06

3. Rob

Rob

NOTE THAT THIS IS OPEN TO ANYONE. OUR AIM HERE IS TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE IN THE LOBBY AS POSSIBLE UNTIL IT WORKS. KARTING IS A FUN DIVERSION. IF THIS WORKS, WE MAY TRY TO RESUME THE BRITISH GT CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT WEEKEND.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asmuch as id like to help it's an hour too late for me gotta be up early thursday for job interview :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck with this one Robert, I'm hoping you get a decent turnout here. Haven't tried the karts but I think they are probably a lot of fun :)

6. Rob

Rob

Well, at some point, unless we all get together, we will never know if a league is viable. Hopefully people understand that. Or maybe they don't care after the last debacle. Anyway, I got into a public lobby tonight which varied from 11-13 players and didn't seem to have too many disconnects or freezing issues. Not sure the reason, but would be nice to confirm....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well it shows it's possible which is good, just need to have something that can be consistently relied upon in private lobbies as opposed to public ones. Maybe the private lobbies are more of a problem in pCars for some reason. Out of interest what were your search criteria for finding the race?

8. Rob

Rob

All variables were open.

9. I hope they sort out the public lobby browser on an upcoming patch as it's pretty crap the way it just places you straight in a lobby now rather than giving you some choice. If the private lobby option proves beyond them to fix then that will be even more of an issue than now.

10. How long was the race set for and what car and track?

11. Rob

Rob

The race was fairly long, with a pretty good qualy session. Nobody seemed to get booted over the 15 mins. then 10 laps at Monza. The cars were GT3 cars too. They seem to skirt around the issue in the pCARS forums, either because they know it's such a game killer or they can't fix it, but maybe it will get better. We always had discos in F1 I remember, but we were at least able to get people in a room to start.

12. Hey m8..

Sorry i am to late....

Today my new wheel FX came in.

race u later...

grtz Rob

13. Still pretty short race though and that's generally the case I find with public lobbies, too many sprint type affairs.

Yeah discos are part and parcel i'm afraid but if you can't get more than a handful on the grid to start with that's a bigger problem. I still find it tough to believe how it's got through like it.

14. Did this race take place at all? Was hoping for some solid news...

15. Rob

Rob

No, just god 'ol Boothy and me, joined by Peter Evans and a couple of other random friends from other leagues. We had fun Racing Formula C at Willow Springs, though. So, I'm not going to try and organize any more of these events. I'll show up every Saturday this month and try to run Silverstone (and ask for a new signup list each week) then go with those people if they show. If we get one in with the number of signups (I guess A.I. will have to be considered if numbers get too low) that have posted, we will call it official. If everyone just gets bored of the game and hardly any show, I'll find other leagues.

16. Love the game and my new TX wheel....but so much settings pfffff

Love to join you guys

grtz

rob

17. Rob

Rob

No problem. It's a great game indeed until you get online, but we will try again this sat. Just sign up in the driver thread and the race thread (silverstone) and we will see you there!