1 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Sebring

Just reading comments above. I am apologising guys i would never intentionaly hit someone in the race. I feel very strong towards unrespectfull driving, i think few drivers here already know that about me.

Please check replay from finish line you will see me misjudging the end of race completely .

I think the point is that even if someone wrecks you intentionally no one has the right to take the law by his own hands.
For that there are the marshalls and this is Road racing, not Oval were Paybacks are allowed.
On the other side how did you confuse between a white flag and a checkered flag?

My race was just bad. 1 week ago I received my new Fanatec CSP v2 pedals and I only raced 1 race with it on Interlagos. I always was struggeling with the brake pedal and the deadzone of the throttle pedal. I thought this was normal and I had to get used to it.

I never found the speed and tested a few hours with different setup settings. I was schocked that I was more then 2 seconds off pace after qualifying.

I started 24th on the grid and with not much confidence because I knew I had a lot of brake issues and also shifting problems almost every lap. Race was very hard and I couldn't race any consistent laptime. Almost every lap I made a mistake and I really didn't feel comfortable in the car.

My race ended with 19 laps to go. Somebody drove about 100m in front of me and went to wide in the last corner. I had enough room to pass him so I did. But when I was beside him he just turned on the racing line while driving 50km/h or so?! Very strange manouvre. He touched me hard and went sideways into the barriers. Race over.

After the race my teammate Kevin said that I had to put the brake curve factor on "0" with loadcell pedals. Mine was on 1.80. So I immediatly wanted to feel the difference and o man.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I could finally brake normal, no shifting mistakes anymore (suddenly from 3rd or 2nd to neutral) and when downshifting the engine didn't get stuck always in revs. My 3rd lap I drove a Q lap of 2.00.5, immediatly 7 tenths quicker! I also had more understeer then before. Because of the wrong brake setting I always had oversteer in lots of corners. Especially when going into the corner.

So if you just bought CSP v2 pedals instead of your G27 pedals and feeling strange things when braking and under de-accelleration: BRAKE CURVE FACTOR setting to "0"!!! :)

Of course you see marshalls deciding things that happens after or before the race.Even on cualyfiing or practice sessions the sporting code must be followed and wreckless driving or paybacks are not allowed.

Well, I've raced with Tomo before and he is a fair and clean driver, but I think you've missed the point Kevin, he thought the race was over, he thought the other person just purposefully made contact with him (like you see sometimes in online races after the race is finished, as a joke), he didn't realise that there was another lap left, doesn't make the incident any better or worse than it was though...

I didn't miss the point and I'm not saying that Tomo is an unfair driver.
I'm saying that in this case, he made the worst decision.
The problem is that even if you think that the race is over you have no right to wreck anyone even if he hits you and if you realize later that the race wasn't over, it gets even worse.
If someone hits you, go out of the car and report to the marshalls but if you wreck him too, you have no right to reclaim later and worse, with that actions you can hit a 3rd driver and it's not his fault that other 2 drivers can't comport themself on track.
That's just my view of thing and of course I can be wrong.

What happened?Yesterday we were on 10th position and today we are 9th ^^
Kevin we did a mistake first time we updated the standings, so now are correct.

About incidents in the race, Marshalls have been reported about accidents in the last laps that couldn´t get an answer because there was not enough time to judge and apply. So administrative penaltys will be applied if needed.

Like i said i take full responsibility for my mistake.

Answering you Kevin, i saw guys wrecking each other after finish line for "fun" more than once even on live broadcasts. And not knowing for one single report regarding that "incidents" to be decided by marshalls later. Not that i am encouriging that kind a race finishes.

Of course but that don't mean that it's correct.
I'm sure that people wreck after race if they know each other and there is allways the possibility that you make a mistake and you discover that the race isn't really over.
So for me wrecking after the race when there still can be lapped cars making their last lap is not the best idea.

P.S. Thank's for the anwser David

So for me wrecking after the race when there still can be lapped cars making their last lap is not the best idea.

+1 on that, happened to me a while ago on an iRacing server: I was crossing line under white, the two guys right behind me crossed line under checquered and then, obviously just for fun, crashed into each other which sent one car spinning into me, luckily no damage done, only sr lost so I could finish the race. I just don't see how the same chaps who get peeved if you do not say "race" or address them as "racers" but rather "players" behave like noone in real life would after checquered. never understood it.

I just don't see how the same chaps who get peeved if you do not say "race" or address them as "racers" but rather "players" behave like noone in real life would after checquered. never understood it.

Never understood that either and actually I find it pretty annoying to see that after a broadcasted race. It just looks silly and should be treated as incidents during the race. Just drive your car back into the pits.

I joined the session as Spotter for Anders Dahl on our team (Walk Racing) i joined it with his personal spotter code and was in that slot until qualifying started. When i could not see a single car in that (due to the way qualifying was setup ofcourse) i exited and entered "watch" - still i could not see any cars, so i exited that as well and entered as spotter for Anders again.

Even though i was entered as spotter i had the option to Practice in the practice session, which i did press a couple of times to check the setup in the garage. I never moved out of garage onto the track.

I have now seen that this(?) could have been the course of one team not being able to get a driver to the race as i was listed as having been on track during the session.

This needs to be tested out. I did not enter the race as a driver or even use the password to enter the raceserver. I entered as spotter with Anders' password and using the watch function. If this can hinder other drivers from getting their spot - that is a problem and need to be sorted out.

I joined the session as Spotter for Anders Dahl on our team (Walk Racing) i joined it with his personal spotter code and was in that slot until qualifying started. When i could not see a single car in that (due to the way qualifying was setup ofcourse) i exited and entered "watch" - still i could not see any cars, so i exited that as well and entered as spotter for Anders again.

Even though i was entered as spotter i had the option to Practice in the practice session, which i did press a couple of times to check the setup in the garage. I never moved out of garage onto the track.

Did you by any chance join the server first as Driver, before you switched to Spotter the first time? It seems that whatever role you join the server as FIRST, is what decides your actual role for the entire session. My experience is that it's not possible for a participant to switch between roles. You can try to switch to Spot or Watch, but it will have no effect - you will still be a Driver. So if you want to only Spot (or Watch), you must join the server in that role from the start.

I am pretty sure that i joined only as spotter, i had to ask Anders for his password for the spotter (a simple three character password) position to enter and i suppose the race was password protected as well for entering as driver - but not the same as Anders's password.

You are listed as Driver Martin and I don´t know, but have never seen that failure before. (not meaning it wasn´t like that) Coul you maybe hitted the Race Now instead of the Watch Now or Spot buttons??? To me is the most logicall explanation.

Anyway, teams will be contacted tonight about it, as it CAN´T happen again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%