rF2 1.5h WEC (LMP & GT3) @ Sebring International Raceway - Saturday 18th April 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
HVZ7l9t.jpg

Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WEC
Track: Sebring International Raceway
Cars: Blancpain Endurance Series v1.0 (Sounds -
REQUIRED), Lola LMP B12/60, SCES LMP 919, SCES LMP ARX
Mod:
Download via Server

Everything should be downloadable via the server, upon login.

BES Skin Template: Download
SCES LMP 919 Skin Template: Download
SCES LMP ARX Skin Template: Download
Pre-made skins are available from the Downloads section.

Choose your poison on the day, and feel free to switch between cars during the practice session.

Weather: Mixed
Road condition: Rubber on track where possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x (pit-stops will NOT be mandatory)
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction Control:
Low
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
16:30 GMT
Qualifying: 17:00 GMT - 20 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up:
17:20 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 17:30 GMT - reconnaissance lap + formation lap + 90 minutes [double-file rolling start]

Starting Procedure
Reconnaissance time - 3 minutes:
You'll have 60 sec to exit the pit lane. If not: you'll start from the pit lane with cold tires.
After that: you still have 120 sec to drive to the starting grid at your own tempo. If you are not on your starting position in time, you'll be spawned on your spot in neutral.

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
Clock GMT: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

Sign-up list:
  1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Stefan Woudenberg
  3. Rolf Just
  4. Andreas Oehrlich
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. ...

Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 12

Last edited:
Horrible run for me. The start was a mess the message was showing that I was ahead of the spot I was suppost to be. The cars were all reaaly close so I couldn't see the yellow dot where I should be after. On the back straight I saw the yellow dot and dropped back and he message dissapeared.

When It started being dark and I had to turn my lights on... I couldn't see if they were on or not... DQ.... I un-dq-ed myself.... Another DQ for the lights... I un-dq-ed myself.... Than my wife walked in to ask for some help....:( I had to exit.. :( Sorry about that. :(
I hope you all had fun. I luv this track. :)

With just a few cars I used the race to test the tires and I still need to work on them. The track was pretty green, which wasn't ideal and my setup was just something thrown together, but on the normal slicks the wear rate is ok, but the tire gets very inconsistent and snappy pretty early (green track made that worse). Then on the endurance tire I had no where near the wear I had in my short run test. I had 0.5% wear per lap instaed of 2 to 3 on the slicks.
I have to retest it with a better aero setup.

Things were a bit weird at the start. It told me to get behind John on the formation lap (hence why I stopped at turn 1). Not sure why, but I got a 10 second stop & go penalty for it and it also took a lap away from me. It's probably supposed to undo any passes I might have done on the formation lap. I wonder if this happens when we skip qualifying with a recon lap + rolling?

Anyway, I didn't really know what I was getting into with the car. I picked it because I enjoyed it in Forza Motorsport a long time ago, and always liked how it looked back when ALMS existed. I'm not sure about the SCES physics work, though I managed to get more or less stable in it with quick setup work. Soft springs and a bit of pitch helped. One thing's for sure it's unfair against the Lola, it was like we had 3 classes out there instead of 2!

Medium tires on the ARX lasted the whole race distance and could do at least 1 more stint after. My fastest lap by the end was a 1:43.8.

Last edited:
Things were a bit weird at the start. It told me to get behind John on the formation lap (hence why I stopped at turn 1). Not sure why, but I got a 10 second stop & go penalty for it and it also took a lap away from me. It's probably supposed to undo any passes I might have done on the formation lap. I wonder if this happens when we skip qualifying with a recon lap + rolling?

Anyway, I didn't really know what I was getting into with the car. I picked it because I enjoyed it in Forza Motorsport a long time ago, and always liked how it looked back when ALMS existed. I'm not sure about the SCES physics work, though I managed to get more or less stable in it with quick setup work. Soft springs and a bit of pitch helped. One thing's for sure it's unfair against the Lola, it was like we had 3 classes out there instead of 2!

Medium tires on the ARX lasted the whole race distance and could do at least 1 more stint after. My fastest lap by the end was a 1:44.3.
Yep, the SCES cars are way faster than the real world cars. I tried to hold you up for a bit, but there was no chance. Even the mighty Audis needed 1.43 for a lap in qualy trim and the Rebellion around 1.46.

Medium tires on the ARX lasted the whole race distance and could do at least 1 more stint after. My fastest lap by the end was a 1:43.8.

There are some problems at Sebring with rolling starts. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years