rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Nürburgring - Sat 23rd August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good fun racing! I made a mistake in T1 (Sorry Bjorn) witch kinda threw my strategy of.Had to take more out of the car than i wanted to catch back up.Then made a couple more mistakes trying to get some speed out of a very used up car.Then realized i was getting into trouble with fuel and had to save big time.Out of curiosity did you guys all pit once? I never did and almost ran out of fuel,had like two drops left in the tank.:)

@Matt Horst Yes i went to the pits for fuel and tires.

A small group but the race was still fun. Started from the back and let things play out in the first few laps. After settling in i pushed a little and for a few minutes there was a battle with other cars that ended with a little incident.

After that i tried to recover but always taking care of the tires so i could do a longer stint. Everything worked fine and after the pit stop it was time to push and try to catch the car in front. Finished 2nd which is better than i expected.

Thanks to all for a fun race. :thumbsup:

i did like this race, the cars are great to drive (i only did test the cars which had good looking cockpit, audi, ferrari and mclaren) and sound in 458 car was great too.
i hope there will come more races with this carpack, actual i like this cars most in rf2 .
only next week i can not race, i am in italy from tomorrow very early till friday late in night.

servus

Great race guys, good to be back again. I had a lot of practise and I came back swinging!
@Daiman Patel sorry for the tap in the first lap, didn't expect you to be coming that quick
@Bjorn de Haas Great battle mate, all the way to the finish line wish we had more of those :p

:(

Good fun racing! I made a mistake in T1 (Sorry Bjorn) witch kinda threw my strategy of.Had to take more out of the car than i wanted to catch back up.Then made a couple more mistakes trying to get some speed out of a very used up car.Then realized i was getting into trouble with fuel and had to save big time.Out of curiosity did you guys all pit once? I never did and almost ran out of fuel,had like two drops left in the tank.:)

You didn't pit! I'm shocked, I stopped twice, I thought the guys who only stopped once were doing really well with their tyres but to not stop at all, probably my trouble I haven't got the mindset for this sort of racing, I can't help but push.

In spite of the lower than usual numbers, it was a great race yesterday. How I managed to take 1st position into turn 1, having started at the back, I do not know - that's twice I've managed it on this track! :roflmao: There's a suprising amount of grip on the inside of the track, which allowed me to come up on the inside and out-brake Matt, Martin and Reinhard. I knew it wouldn't last, nevertheless I tried to make the most of the situation - it was good fun. Going 3-wide into the hairpin at turn 6, with Martin and Reinhard I believe, was certainly an interesting and heart stopping experience. :laugh:

Had a brilliant battle with Joao midway through the first stint. As my tires started to wear a little more I made a few mistakes, and soon both he and Matt made it past. We too went 3-wide into the turn 6 hairpin - unfortunately that time we didn't all make it through in one piece; apologies for the spin Joao. :redface:

Bjorn eventually caught up, after his early incidents, and managed to pull off the undercut during the pit stop phase (and very well I must say)! :D I exited about 12 seconds behind, and with my fresh set of tires I began to push like a man possessed - until my car got a bit too tail-happy going in to the Schumacher-S, which sent me flying across the sand, and into the wall. Thankfully the damage was minimal, and I was able to continue, now 22 seconds behind Bjorn, with a over-heated left-rear tire that was causing my car to slide about a bit for a few laps after the incident, and Martin breathing down my neck. Twice I begun closing the distance between myself and Bjorn - twice I spun at the turn 6 hairpin, and the gap extended back to 22 seconds. And then with 5 minutes left Bjorn shouted down TS that Matt was struggling for pace. My plan to safely bring the car home after my second spin was thrown straight out of the window, and I was back to pushing like a mad-man. On the penultimate lap I managed to gain 8 seconds - my gap to Matt was now a mere 10 seconds! Unfortunately it wasn't to be, and I finished 4.5 seconds behind 4th.

Nonetheless, it was fantastic - gripping, competitive, and just darn good fun! :thumbsup:

Thanks Bjorn, Rui and Yuri for the company on TS. I hope everyone enjoyed the race, and we'll see you next time! ;)

Had a great event, we only had a few cars on the grid but it was great fun on track and ts.
I had a good fight in the first few laps with Matt but we collided and that put us both on the back of the pack.

But i was thinking its a 90 minute race and a lot of things can and will happen so im going to maintain a high pace and race for a good position. After a few laps i saw Daiman and thought that i might get him on a strategy pitstop by stopping 1 or 2 laps earlier and benefit from fresher tires. That worked out perfectly and brought me 4th place. Altough Daiman was pushing very hard behind me and i could never relax is was still hopefull of a podium.
Then with 5 minutes to go i saw Matt struggling for pace and i could pass him, so the end of the line i went from last to 3rd.

Big thank you to all of u guys :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back