rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Hockenheimring - Sat 9th August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If I would have a "Tyre Conservation" stats on a little card, it would be a big fat zero(0) :whistling:
Did a 15 lap stint, then 15 laps again, then, by miracle was able to do about 22-24ish laps...

Also, got surprised that refueling amount was locked, so I could only go full tank everytime :cry:

Anyway, positive side is, that I finished it. I'm not use to do more than 1 hour a race so I'm happy with that much.

I had some stuttering problems at the start and it didn't settle down until I had done a lap, I went with a 2 stopper but got my numbers wrong so had to fuel save quite a bit on my last stint as a splash and dash may have cost me a place or 2, an enjoyable evenings racing all in all though.

My first podium finishing p2, where i qualified but it was a rather boring race for me. The server not being setup properly or the parc ferme fuel rules stuffing up, or more so probable me being confused basically meant my fuel strategy was overkill. I made mistakes on my two fastest laps in qualifying and because i had planned to only do a certain number of laps for the fuel strat i ended up not being able to go as fast as i could. Still a good result.

In the race the lack of formation lap threw me off and probably a few other people but i managed to get off the line fairly well. Got along side Enrico but i ran a bit deep and pushed him wide off the track, he still got a better run off the corner than me and so did jakub and they were battling into turn 2 with me just following. They both ran deep or had a poor line which allowed me to get them both down the straight and i was in p1 for maybe a lap before jakub passed me and then sailed off ahead. That lambo is quick in a straight line even right in behind him he would just take off and leave me for nothing. Really it was like i wasnt even moving the way that thing took off. At this point i had enrico on my tail and i was watching the time gap extremely closely until he started to make mistakes and dropped back and then i had a spin and the gap dropped right back down. From then on all i had to do was make sure i made no mistakes, which i failed at because i made about 4 minor ones but i still managed to pull a 1min gap to p3. I ended up driving by myself for ages and got rather bored, probably why i made the mistakes. Anyways finished 2nd nearly a lap behind jakub.

Also sorry to william for messing you around when i came to lap you, i made some silly mistakes in front of you so i am sorry for that.

Thanks for the race organisers!

Last edited:
Apologies for the issues guys - I will do my best to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately I couldn't be around to supervise the race, and fix any issues on the fly, because I'm on holiday this week. However, I shall be around for future events. In spite of the issues, I hope that you all had fun and that we'll see you again next time (with a larger grid). :thumbsup:

Thank you @Dennis Coufal for helping out with the organisation on my behalf. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years