rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Fred, the AI are indeed very slow over the mountain. They also have a strange tendency to turn in if you go inside but lift if you go outside. Also AI @120% seem to lap at 2:12 whereas I was doing ...(confidential due to club environment):cool:

Just to get you in the mood. Two clips.
Yep these are our cars on this track.
The late Alan Simonsens pole lap from 2013.
In a touching tribute the race organisers have named the pole shootout after the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqlfCuyr-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApK6N0MUJUc

Tried to do a AI session to get an idea for my pace and yeah AI struggle a lot over the top, gave me no valuable information haha. And also it is really good to see that they did name the shootout after him.

Tried to do a AI session to get an idea for my pace and yeah AI struggle a lot over the top, gave me no valuable information haha. And also it is really good to see that they did name the shootout after him.
when can you get on the server? We can try a session.
I can do any evening this week except tonight. GMT 7pm onwards

Hey there!

I´m new to RD Club Races. Are there any overall rules to look at? I can`t click the rules etc. cause permissions?!
Only thing i need to know is are we forced to use Cockpit-Cam?

Hey there!

I´m new to RD Club Races. Are there any overall rules to look at? I can`t click the rules etc. cause permissions?!
Only thing i need to know is are we forced to use Cockpit-Cam?

Hi Marc. There shouldn't be any permissions issues with the Rules page. Just to be certain that you're looking in the right place, you can find rules about racing here. About the views that are permitted to be used for driving, you can find out this information when you highlight a server from the list upon opening rF2; in most cases the forced driving views will be the following (you are able to choose whichever suits you best):
  • Cockpit cam
  • TV cockpit / hood cam
  • Bumper cam

Thanks Daiman for quick reply, but still and even if i click your Link above i get this message:

RaceDepartment Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Thanks Daiman for quick reply, but still and even if i click your Link above i get this message:

RaceDepartment Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue Marc - it should now have been sorted. Let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Lap 1 over the mountain will be crazy. There is one very big drop where the car can take off, spin and block the track. I hope we don't see a Monaco style traffic jam :roflmao:
Indeed, that's called the dipper. Its so steep there that even on foot you struggle to keep up with your body!
"The esses" that preceed it also have a habit of unbalancing the car.
So for sure it will be an exciting lap 1:thumbsup:
I will be driving with A special Brock-Perkins 05 skin and hoping that some of the magic comes with the skin.

Let's all use our heads and think twice before trying to overtake people on top of the mountain ;)

I love Bathurst, and despite of what most associate it with, when i think Bathurst, i think 12hours of Bathurst and GT3s... along with the ring it was one of my favourite testplaces when doing GT3 physics, so i feel very comfortable here, coupled with a 30minute longer race, i'm aiming for a good result here :)

i'll probably go do some laps on the server in the next hour orso..

Had a few laps with ppl on the sever tonight. Great stuff, this track is epic.
Agree with Davy, a safe pass across the mtn can only really happen if the car in front has an error. (one that doesnt involve bouncing back in front of you that is!).
If you close onto their rear you can pass into the braking zone for Caltex chase.

Sign me in plz.

Any advices for a rookie? Gave the MP4 a short try yesterday to check if everthing is well installed. I haven`t used any assists except clutch. Car feels great so far, just a bit loose rear end out of T2 and twitchy on braking from time to time, but i think i could sort that out with some setup tweaks.
Looking forward to my RD debut...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back