rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Dennis Coufal, did you guys change the path to where the cars skins are stored in the new mod? because it is different then before, and as such none of the skins in the revised pack i did and is linked to, work. just a heads up if you weren't aware ;)

edit: how the hell do you tag people, i see no button! :p

Last edited:
Just to help get you in the mood for next weekends Bathurst 1;5 hour.
Thi is an Australian Top gear tribute to the Legend Peter Brock.
If you were a young guy growing up in Australia these saloon cars were all we knew and Brock was our Senna. He won Bathurst 10 times and was simply known as "The King of the Mountain"
Dick Johnson was his arch rival and also hugely successful at Bathurst. I have had the privilege of being a passenger on track with Dick Johnson (at Eastern Creek). He is always the same. Staight talking, laconic, charismatic. The driving sequence and Dicks interview on the mountain are priceless.
Quite amazing that Brock and Senna carried the same livery in the same period. You might detect some other similarities if you transpose Prost for Johnstone in the interview.
enjoy..

and Fred, The Lola would be amazing there too. If it is there it will make me decide between it and the 911GT3. I think I will have to stick with the GT3 this time.

and one more for anyone that wants to feel the mystique and history of Mt Panorama and Peter Brock.

Last edited:
@Dennis Coufal and @Frederic Schornstein
reegarding LMP1s overtaking here.
Ive just driven a 90 min practice race here in GT3 vs AI.
Easy:In my view there will be very easy passing for LMP1 on Mountain straight (just after T1), then on Conrod straight both before and exit of Caltex chase, and on pit straight. GT3 top speed is appr 275pmh Lmp1 poss 330kmh. Just: After turn 2 would be also do-able. Risky:The section across the top of the mountain is tricky and you are on the limit and using all the road. So possibly the whole of sector 2 not suitable unless the LMP1 has so much more grip it can drive under the GT3 line.

In my mind a bigger question is that would the entire field of LMP1s passing you every 6-7 laps disrupt the GT3 race much?
also would the extra class dissipate the grid across 2 classes.
who knows one answer and two questions:cautious:
The Laguna Seca was pretty epic with just the one class, this track is better and the race longer.
How many signups so far?
Maybe another race soon with LMP1.
No sure just thinking on paper here.

lol, lets not muddle this race up with LMPs... it would be nice to get to the size of grids (and finishers!) again before the R18 showed up ;)

Anyhow, @Dennis Coufal , i've settled in watching the race at the ring, so i'll try to update the carpack in the following hours.

lol, lets not muddle this race up with LMPs... it would be nice to get to the size of grids (and finishers!) again before the R18 showed up ;)

Anyhow, @Dennis Coufal , i've settled in watching the race at the ring, so i'll try to update the carpack in the following hours.
Davy I think I agree with you on this but we are not discussing the Audi R18, its the Rebellion Racing Lola LMP1 masterpiece by Stefan Woudenberg. A few of us are a bit excited as to its potential after a 12 man race at Poznan last night.

I know, and while i do nothing but applaud Stefans work, and am actually looking forward to giving it a go myself when i have the time, it still is an LMP1 like the R18, and thus any comparison to the few races with the R18, is valid imho...

And come on...it's bathurst... i dare you to stay out of the walls for 1,5hours without LMP1s whizzing by and making life even harder then it already is lol ;)

Hey guys. As this is a GT3 Club event, there will not be an LMP1 class, sorry. However, there will be another WEC event a fortnight after this race where we expect to start using Stefan's Lola. :thumbsup:

Hey guys. As this is a GT3 Club event, there will not be an LMP1 class, sorry. However, there will be another WEC event a fortnight after this race where we expect to start using Stefan's Lola. :thumbsup:
You should think about a WEC club round at Bathurst.
After my first few laps ever on Mount Panorama yesterday I jumped from the GT3 into the LMP1. To be honest it wasn't really more difficult, but faster.

Because of the long straights I used a medium downforce setup, so you needed a lot of commitment to go flat through the three high speed left handers on the hill.

Lost some time with my powerslide :D
It actually looks a bit slower in the replay than it feels driving it. It is crazy fast.
Of course all assits off except auto-clutch.

I was getting nostalgic about Peter Brock at Mt Panorama.
I saw his last win there in 1987 in person. It was the year that WTC raced. The youtube is worth a watch.
Anyway I used my limited skinning skills to make one in his and Larry Perkins honour. Larry was actually my favourite driver of them all. He was an understated chap, an engineering genius and raced in F1 prior to settling into the Touring car scene.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3gf6qjbmtica6z/GRAB_025.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amjc2bjgnwg3il2/GRAB_026.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq6ry0l281coe3s/GRAB_027.JPG
and the original
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ggg49v860ekhkz/05commodore.jpg

"I know, and while i do nothing but applaud Stefans work, and am actually looking forward to giving it a go myself when i have the time, it still is an LMP1 like the R18, and thus any comparison to the few races with the R18, is valid imho...

And come on...it's bathurst... i dare you to stay out of the walls for 1,5hours without LMP1s whizzing by and making life even harder then it already is lol ;)"
@Davy Lauwereys yep I agree. The walls over the mountain love company, and the approach to the cutting punishes complacency on worn tyres.
But the dare is accepted. I will do my best to keep all the paint on the car. After all I just painted it myself.
and
@Frederic Schornstein this place was built for WEC. I hope we race here.

Last edited:
You should think about a WEC club round at Bathurst.
After my first few laps ever on Mount Panorama yesterday I jumped from the GT3 into the LMP1. To be honest it wasn't really more difficult, but faster.

We shall almost certainly consider it for the future, especially given the amount of interest that has been expressed. :D

We shall almost certainly consider it for the future, especially given the amount of interest that has been expressed. :D
Would it maybe possible to add the LMP1 to the server after the race and just make a club race on Tuesday or something like that? Most drivers will know the track and no one get his race destroyed :D

I did try traffic with AI cars, but that is not really representative, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it has to be said they seemed a bit slow up the mountain, which allowed you to overtake between the fast left handers. Don't know, if that would work with real drivers

Would it maybe possible to add the LMP1 to the server after the race and just make a club race on Tuesday or something like that? Most drivers will know the track and no one get his race destroyed :D

I did try traffic with AI cars, but that is not really representative, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it has to be said they seemed a bit slow up the mountain, which allowed you to overtake between the fast left handers. Don't know, if that would work with real drivers

Fred, the AI are indeed very slow over the mountain. They also have a strange tendency to turn in if you go inside but lift if you go outside. Also AI @120% seem to lap at 2:12 whereas I was doing ...(confidential due to club environment):cool:

Just to get you in the mood. Two clips.
Yep these are our cars on this track.
The late Alan Simonsens pole lap from 2013.
In a touching tribute the race organisers have named the pole shootout after the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqlfCuyr-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApK6N0MUJUc

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years