1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

1/4/2013 MX-5 TC @ Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Richard Coleman, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Date: Tuesday 1st April, 8.30PM GMT, 9.30AM NZDST (New Zealand Daylight Savings Time)
    Car: Mazda MX-5 touring Car
    Track: Spa-Francorchamps
    Track Settings: Time: 6.00am, Time Acceleration: 20, Grip: Real, Weather: Wet
    Laps: 2x10 Laps
    Tyres: Racing Hard (RH)
    PP: No Limit
    Tuning: Notes Below
    Aids: ABS: 1, Driving Line

Standard RD rules apply: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rules.10978/

I will be hosting the event so you will need to send me a friend request on PSN. My PSN ID is devilracer1987

You don’t need to be a licensed member to take part in the event.

To sign up, post a comment below with your name and PSN.

Entry List
    1- Richard Coleman (devilracer1987)
    2- Rui F. Martins
    3- Morne Du Plooy
    4-
    5-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-

I let Rui pick the Track and car (well the car anyway, we decided together on the track :D ). To my amazement he chose a little gem the MX-5 TC. I'm really impressed with this car and its ability to turn corners even on damp track on racing slicks it just sticks like fly paper.

Something to note about this event Intermediate/Wet tires will need to be available. Slicks will not be an option. Dark track turning light with RAIN! Yes you read that correctly this round will be wet.

Tuning notes. Only the supercharger is allowed. Not turbo kits allowed so it's kept an even playing field. Also stock settings only for suspension/brakes/power/downforce/LSD/whatever else I've forgotten. This car drives well on stock settings so that's what we will use. If other parts are available apart from the Supercharger then feel free to add them. To reiterate NO TURBO KITS!

As usual sign up below and all on topic questions will be answered.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

of course you can count me in :thumbsup:

3. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

yeah I'll join :thumbsup:

4. Welcome to the club events Morne. This round I'm being slightly evil :sneaky: Back to being nice(ish) next round :D

5. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i was just doing some laps in the rain and the only thing i have to say is that PD guys screwed up the rain :cry:
    it was so hard to drive in the rain, specially behind another car, it looked realistic, in this one you just have some drops of rain in the windshield, you don't even need the wipers, it looks like GTR2!
    sorry for the rant, but i was very upset with this :sick:

7. I feel the same Rui. The first time I saw the rain in GT6 I was like "wtf do they call this rain?"

Bitterly disapointing. But it just adds some fun to the race :D Think of all the powersliding. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

Hey guys. Is the weather going to be set on 100% wet? Or 50%? Or what?

9. It'll be set at 100%. It will be raining for the entire race :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

that's going to be insane :D:devilish:

11. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

justo one thing, will we have to use slick tires? i've tried those out and i'm strugling just to get the car going:barefoot:

12. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

Using RH tyres would be close to impossible to drive in full wet conditions. .. I've been running wets in practice. Who's keen to run some laps tonight? Add me... mojo2312

13. No slicks are to he used this event. Intermediates or wets only :D Personally I find the inters have more grip in the wet. Just like GT5.

Ill throw up a prac server for a few hours tonight euro/tomorrow morning nzt at 8.30pm GMT. Thats early enough on a Sunday morning here :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Crap. I just realised that my MX-5 TC has no wet tires what so ever. Should be fun on slicks. 2am here so not starting GT6 just to buy some tires. Haha. I doubt I can afford them in game anyway.

15. Sorry about not having a server up. We just got our internet back on. So it was out if my control sadly :(

16. I hope I will be able to make this one. It will be decided tomorrow if I can and it's not gonna be me who decides. Missed you guys and some racing again... :cry:

17. Haha all good Sakis. There is always next time mate.

Sorry for no prac server on the days I said there would be. Changing ISP is a tedious bloody mission. All sorted and working properly again now :D

Looking forward to the race!

18. Jeez. Goes to show it was early morning when I posted this thread. Tires are wet weather (your choice) to he used only. Not the racing hard. Also there is a in game time change for the race start. 8am is the new time. Sorry about that.

19. Count me in Richard, I will be there! :D

20. Sweet mate. 8 hours to go until server goes to Qualy. There will be 30 mins (about) for practice.