1.2.1.9 Patch (Steam)

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Updates to Race 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This patch will bring your game to version 1.2.1.9

It includes the following changes:

• Race'07 and dedicated server are now "hillclimb-enabled" to support the upcoming Retro Expansion
  • New smoke effects
  • New corner markers that are now valid for any type of car on a given track
  • Fix for a missing button in championship mode that did not allow the user to go back
  • Fix for 64bits operating systems where the game could suddenly run out of memory and crash

basically, the main reason for the patch is to get the platform up and running before the Retro Pack release. Bugs and things that are show stoppers can be quickly corrected and not be confused with anything that might be introduced by the new content that comes with Retro Pack. It's a easier way to roll out things IMHO... Looking forward to some Hill action for sure!!

I still can't start the game after update and expansion installation, it shows briefly in Friends as "In-Game" but it doesn't actually start the game, I have verified the cache for Race 07 and all expansions listed in Steam Library, I have defraged the same, I have reset the display settings, I have tried running the game from each expansion listed in the Steam Library and through Icons on Desktop and Start Menu, I have restarted Steam and rebooted the computer and it still won't start, really not happy!

A new dll has been released for XD so I am sure that AD will have a patch some time soon. Be patient folks :)

On another note, I just tried out running the race room F1 cars since the patch and I can now do something I have never done before. I am able to flip the car coming out of the garage and have never seen that happen before.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%