1.2.1.4 Patch (Steam)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Changelog:

• Updated version to 1.2.1.4;
  • Added support for cars with seven gears engines;
  • Updated garage setup gearmapping visualization graph to make it adapt dynamically to the car specifications;
  • Updated HUD revmeter to only show every other digit when reving more than 16000 rpm;
  • Fixed an issue where a pit window was shown in all sessions instead of race only when mandatory pitstop was enabled;
  • Corrected an issue in second race session with HUD pitstop menu that didn't display correctly.
According to what SimBin told me this patch will go live tonight on Steam.

If you encounter any bugs after the patch you can report them in this official bug thread

Does this patch update automatically when I start steam? Tomorrow when I fire up my puter I just want to make sure I don't have to do a manual install. I remember reading on my seam account that it keeps all my games updated.

It seems that there is a small issue that some have with patching that once you are patched your game doesn't seem to work anymore if you launch from anything other than Race07. All you have to do is start the game with the Race 07 icon and then close it and your other game icons will work again.

Does this patch update automatically when I start steam? Tomorrow when I fire up my puter I just want to make sure I don't have to do a manual install. I remember reading on my seam account that it keeps all my games updated.

Correct, Steam will automatically update the game the next time it starts, if it hasn't already. The only reason why it wouldn't is if you've specifically instructed it not to keep Race 07 up to date.

It seems that there is a small issue that some have with patching that once you are patched your game doesn't seem to work anymore if you launch from anything other than Race07. All you have to do is start the game with the Race 07 icon and then close it and your other game icons will work again.

I ran into this the first time I tried to start the game - Race ON wouldn't launch, but Race07 would. But after the first successful launch of Race07, all of the icon choices (Race07, GTREvo and RaceON) would work. Really no difference, but I prefer the black menus of RaceON to the other 2.

This issue is not actually caused by the patch. I formatted my PC over the weekend and reinstalled Race 07 + Expansions using a Steam backup. (I haven't patched yet.) The game would not launch GTRE or RO then either, until I launched R07 once.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%